have some conflicts at the looz I need help on

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
edited July 2007 in Other Music
I have never seen any of these guys and need to pick who to see on Lollapolooza:

Daft Punk vs Ben Harper- Ben would be great, but passing on DP's show since they rarely play live and look like Buck rogers centauns makes this really hard.

Satellite Party(love Perry) vs Black Keys

Cold War Kids vs STS9

Silver Chair vs Steven Marley

Iggy vs Kings of Leon(possibly ed sighting?)

I am torn on all of these, and they all seem to be equally appealing to me, give me some help here
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    the first one is tough... personally i'd see Daft Punk b/c I've seen Ben Harper before... BUT Ed may play w/ Ben... prolly not but it's always possible...

Black Keys... they're so good live.

Cold War Kids imo... i like their album.

Silverchair, im not a fan of reggae so this one is easy.

Kings of Leon... even though Iggy might be entertaining... but i'd rather see kings anyway.
  • I have a lot of the same dillemas, I think I'll just run around in circles catching soundbites from everyone.
  • go see silverchair and satellite party for sure!!
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    I have never seen any of these guys and need to pick who to see on Lollapolooza:

Daft Punk vs Ben Harper- Ben would be great, but passing on DP's show since they rarely play live and look like Buck rogers centauns makes this really hard.

Cold War Kids vs STS9

I am torn on all of these, and they all seem to be equally appealing to me, give me some help here

Harper
    Black Keys
    Kings of Leon

I'm appalled you even asked :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    still need help here......I can't be the only one(or two) not knowing who to see
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Iggy.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • hrd2imgn wrote:

Cold War Kids vs STS9

Daft Punk

Satellite Party

STS9

Silverchair

Iggy Pop (no possible ed sighting is worth missing iggy to see a band as dull live as kings of leon)

Pretty easy choices here tbh.
    the needle & the damage done
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    hrd2imgn wrote:

Cold War Kids vs STS9

i didnt know anyone actually listened to daft punk. ive been shocked at how everyone keeps touting them as one of the highlights of the festival. i cant name a single song by them.

black keys are one of the few really rocking bands on this year. go see them.

im going to cold war kids, ive heard too much about their live show to miss. my gf wants to see motion city, but i wont be swayed.

when was the last time you heard silverchair tour the us? never, that's when. do NOT miss them. they are great live and never come round.

i saw iggy open for pj in 98. interesting show. but ill see kings of leon cos i never have before and i know their catalogue better.