When Michael Jackson was the coolest person in the WORLD

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
edited June 2008 in Other Music
1983, Motown 25- Billie Jean

this was the coolest a person has ever been in history

everyone waiting for him to do the moonwalk....man what happened to him.

by the way the 25th anny version of thriller with new remixes with Akon, will.i.am, Fergie and Kanye... AWESOME
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    well i wouldn't go so far as to say he was coolest person in history for god's sakes!!!

IMO
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • I was around in 1983, and I thought Keith Moon - then five years dead - was the coolest person in the world.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    we can probably say the Beatles had some cooler moments too, but fuck he was as hot as the sun that whole album
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Yeah, I agree.

I cannot listen to PYT (Pretty Young Thing) anymore and feel the same.

But there are a lot of people out there who say he is misunderstood. And not knowing that he was really doing all he was accused of, I cant think of him in a bad light and be 100% sure that he is a bad person.

But, yes, he came out with that and he was sooooooo cool.

But then again, I am old enough to think he was cool the first time around as well..........(ABC, easy as 1 2 3 , simple as do-re-me
    ABC, one two three, baby,you and Me girl!!..........)

just be glad you did not get the audio on that............can't sing to save my life.........
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i agree he was the coolest person in the world for a good year and a half. and at the height of his coolness he reached a zenith no other person will ever reach again. he is the high water mark of coolness, never to be reached again.

i love those vintage videos of him marching with the chinese army and other armies. cool
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i have this on DVD and have watched a lot. its 1995 i think.

get over the lip syncing and check the dancing out. its damn good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mU8QoZMVOU

give it a chance to get going

i like this too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6w1Haww54w&feature=related

hes still cool. cant wait for the new album. seriously
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Lizard wrote:
    well i wouldn't go so far as to say he was coolest person in history for god's sakes!!!

IMO

Yes. We all know Dexter Holland is the coolest person in the history of mankind.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i remember having my father dub me the Thriller album.... with some fucking James Tailer at the end...WTF? Thriller was a killer album, still is. you can't fuck with that. in light of all the bullshit that's surrounded MJ in the past 20 years he's put out some pretty kickass songs: Smooth Criminal, Leave Me Alone, They Don't Care About Us, etc. okay, that's 3 off the top of my head and i am half drunk so take it for what it's worth..
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    it all went wrong with the release of Dangerous