Lolla Day 1

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
edited August 2007 in Other Music
HOT

bands all were in pretty good form, the school of Rock all-stars a bunch of teenage kids was pretty fucking impresive.

Perry Farrell is one of the best frontmen I have ever seen. You can;t not get excited with this guy on the mic. Satelitte party was pretty damn good.

Son Volt- not bad, digged some of their stuff

Blonde redhead- not bad at all

DAFT PUNK- Friggin great if you like dance/rave. They put on a hell of a specatcle dressed in robot attire, lights displays and such. Worth seeing if you ever get the chance.

Ben Harper- amazing, I am a fan of this guy, but never saw him before live, and to be honest he is damn good. Singing Masters of War with Ed was fucking Badd ASS

A bunch of smaller bands I didn't have energy to see after ROCKING MY ASS OFF AT THE VIC!!

For a opening night this was a great night of music. Hearing Perry rattle off Mountain Song, Stop, Caught Stealing and Jane Says were such a great bonus! Pets was cool too and the SP congs were catchy, definate Perryesque stuff.

Daft punk......wow

Biggest shitter of the day- Daft Punk and Ben Harper at the same time. I really wanted to see All of Ben, but to pass on a rare performance by DP was too hard to resist, so I went to their 1st 3 songs and shot over to Ben.

Cannot wait for Saturday
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Aside from seeing Ben & Ed together, Viva Voce was my highlight. Great band, not too many people around at that point either. Also, I chose G. Love over Blonde Redhead and he puts on a fun show, lots of groov'n & danc'n.

Definitely going to take it easy try and rest my legs for tomorrow. Probably catch Silverchair and a few others though.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    we kicked off with polyphonic spree, who were excellent. the only problem was the sound. it might have been where we were standing, or it might just be the overwhelming wall of noise they put out, but there seemed to be a lot of bleed. they covered 'lithium' though, which was interesting. it was a blast.

the black keys were the fucking shit. i want to see them in a small club. it's mind-blowing that just 2 dudes can make that much fucking noise. i loved every second.

we closed with ben harper, who was pretty good. one of his new songs was very good, the other slightly less memorable. he was as good as i remembered but didn't really blow me away. though it was nice to get some funky music and dance a bit.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Aside from seeing Ben & Ed together, Viva Voce was my highlight. Great band, not too many people around at that point either. Also, I chose G. Love over Blonde Redhead and he puts on a fun show, lots of groov'n & danc'n.

Definitely going to take it easy try and rest my legs for tomorrow. Probably catch Silverchair and a few others though.

today is my long day, im going to be running back and forth all over that damn field. we took it easy yesterday, but today is pete yorn, silverchair, cold war kids, roots, hold steady, snow patrol, and muse. im glad im sleeping in until kings of leon tomorrow.
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    hrd2imgn wrote:

Perry Farrell is one of the best frontmen I have ever seen. You can;t not get excited with this guy on the mic. Satelitte party was pretty damn good.

For a opening night this was a great night of music. Hearing Perry rattle off Mountain Song, Stop, Caught Stealing and Jane Says were such a great bonus! Pets was cool too and the SP congs were catchy, definate Perryesque stuff.

Satellite Party are doing Jane's songs? hell yeah!!! now i am REALLY excited about seeing them at Endfest next month!
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Aside from seeing Ben & Ed together, Viva Voce was my highlight. Great band, not too many people around at that point either. Also, I chose G. Love over Blonde Redhead and he puts on a fun show, lots of groov'n & danc'n.

Viva Voce does indeed kick ass. I'm glad someone took the time to see them.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.