lolla day 2

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
edited August 2007 in Other Music
well my fucking feet hurt from walking back and forth all day long. Wasn't as hot, but a few pritzes of rain.

The Roots are The Shit their guitarrist is fucking unreal, I would recommend them to anyone a great bunch of great musicians in that group. The guy on the susaphone was funny as hell.- Tuba Gooding Jr was his nickname! I cannont really stand "hip hop" but I really like th eroots and their blend of rap and rock. Horns, Keys, electric guitar, drums and mad vocal verbiage- great combo.

Silverchair was pretty damn good, Daniel Johns can sing his ass off. I missed the old stuff but I don't regret seeing them at all...other than having to see DJ's double nip piercings on the big screen

Ryan Shaw was outstanding- Great mix of R and B and bluesy songs. This guys can sing his ass off. Too bad he was burried on the tiny stage. his bassist did some crazy ass shit in his bass solo.

Pete yorn- decent got monotonous

Marley the one song I saw before running over to Silverchair was good, my sister said he did Bob songs and they were off the hook.

STS9- some cool shit here and there- not my thing

Snow Patrol, good live band, but like their album it all sounds the same.

Patti Smith- not bad at all- this lady loves life and seems so happy to be a singer

Spoon- ok not my thing

Back Door Slam- one great blues band, with a guitarrist who kicks aSS

Muse/Interpol- not happy with either tonight. Muse had a better production for sure, not too bad a sound, just didn;t care for the singers Yorkesque voice. Interpol I just didn't like

Day two take- Should have siwthced Daft Punk or Ben to one of the headline slots today and put either Muse or Interopol Yesterday. I would rather had seen Ben and Daft Punk in full and neither muse nor interpol at all.

the weather was soo much better, but my feet hurt sooo much more. 3 days straight going on 4 couting the Vic, oye veh my whole body hurts.

Pearl Jam is far and away the best thing this festival with see-Duh

Satellite Party is Perry's new band, has shit from Flea and Nuno is his guitarrist what more do you need? Oh yeah his hot wife dangin all night in a swim suit, Always thought he was gay, guess I was wrong.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I didn't realise Patti Smith was playing. Was her set any good?
  • I wanted to punch the lead singer of Silverchair in the face. That band blows.

The Roots were the second best band to Pearl Jam at the entire festival. They are fucking incredible.

Also, hear are my vids of Day 2 acts:

The Roots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abdI4faJ3pI

Regina Spektor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQr8SzVGJwM

Yeah Yeah Yeahs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLHJQhuyBuU

Spoon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6H4h77jk-w
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    I wanted to punch the lead singer of Silverchair in the face. That band blows.

http://download.yousendit.com/46A3D3C61F5AADFC

Silverchair was the highlight of the weekend for me. Muse was awesome as well.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I wanted to punch the lead singer of Silverchair in the face. That band blows.

im with lowlight... what band were you listening to? silverchair played the best set i saw all weekend.
  • im with lowlight... what band were you listening to? silverchair played the best set i saw all weekend.

Well that's where we differ then. I thought their set was laughably bad. From the cliche rock moves to the lame new songs. Nothing was good.

And the Roots were the best band there sans PJ, by FAR.
    Well that's where we differ then. I thought their set was laughably bad. From the cliche rock moves to the lame new songs. Nothing was good.

And the Roots were the best band there sans PJ, by FAR.

i saw the roots too. they were good. i kinda figured it was the look and style that turned you off to silverchair. looked to me like he was just having a grand ole time pretending to be mr rockstar. but so it goes.

as to the new songs... they were more interesting and showed more growth than anything pearl jam has done since no code.
  • I didn't realise Patti Smith was playing. Was her set any good?

It was amazing, yes. Patti, The Stooges, Daft Punk, Pearl Jam, M.I.A., Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Satellite Party (both sets) all rocked. The only bad set I saw was My Morning Jacket.
  • Saturnal wrote:
    It was amazing, yes. Patti, The Stooges, Daft Punk, Pearl Jam, M.I.A., Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Satellite Party (both sets) all rocked. The only bad set I saw was My Morning Jacket.

The Stooges too?

Dammit!
    Saturnal wrote:

yeah, i was surprised how not into mmj i was. they've always impressed me live but i just wasnt feelin it last night. i wish id gone to see modest mouse.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I didn't realise Patti Smith was playing. Was her set any good?

Well yes! I've loved this woman for years. She played: Redondo Beach, Are You Experienced (off Twelve), Ain't it Strange, Free Money, Because the Night, Southern Cross, Gloria, Smells Like Teen Spirit (off Twelve), Rock N Roll N**g*r. Some of it is out of order, and I may be missing a couple. But she is a true artist and I hold her in the highest respect and feel blessed to have been up front for her performance.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    tapes 'n tapes were awesome!!! they had such great energy holy crap :)

i loved matt & kim too. they were such troopers to play 2 sets in one day (they replaced css in the afternoon sometime).

my girl crush has been reconfirmed by seeing the yyy's...i love me some karen o ;)

wish i could've seen cold war kids....but the kidapalooza stage was just as entertaining. and the chance to sit down was fantastic!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    the roots blew my mind... amazing set.. tapes n tapes had a really good set also on saturday

the black keys took friday for me

kings of leon and my morning jacket were both as great as i thought they would be but im lost for words on the PJ set... they are so damn good live
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!