The Black Keys on Conan tomorrow

thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
edited May 2008 in Other Music
I hope they play I Got Mine as they did on Letterman...that song kills
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    bought BK tickets last week!
    see you at the NorVa bee-ooo--itches!!!!!!!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• tmud91087tmud91087 Posts: 97
    I'm guessing they'll do a different one than letterman...Oceans and Streams! or All you Ever Wanted Would also approve
    5/24/06 - Boston
    5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08 - Mansfield
    6/30/08 - Mansfield
    8/2/08 - Eddie in Boston (FRONT ROW!)
  • gtowngtown Posts: 5
    Saw them last night at the 9:30 club...it was pretty great. A recording of the show is on the NPR website
  • i like Psychotic Girl and Oceans & Streams
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Gotta remember to set the DVR! I wish they'd come down here to NC...
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    does anyone know the exact time they come on? I like having a punch of music preformances on my dvr so I can watch them when I want- so I only like taping the band and not the whole show... does anyone know or know where I could find out if it's like 1:28 or something
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    gtown wrote:
    Saw them last night at the 9:30 club...it was pretty great. A recording of the show is on the NPR website

Cool, I'm seeing them tomorrow night in NYC......pretty pumped.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    are they just a 2 person band like the white stripes.. or do they have other members that play with them?
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
    Trailer wrote:
    are they just a 2 person band like the white stripes.. or do they have other members that play with them?
    It's just the 2 of them. Danger Mouse produced the album and played some keys if I'm not mistaken but I'm pretty sure their live stuff is just the 2 on stage.
    man I was disappointed they played Strange Times...I'm a huge BK fan, but that song just doesn't do anything for me
  • suns22suns22 Posts: 94
    thunderDAN wrote:
    man I was disappointed they played Strange Times...I'm a huge BK fan, but that song just doesn't do anything for me

I really dig strange times, but then again, I'm a new black keys fan.

I've recently got the new album and rubber factory, and love them both.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Hopefully more to come in TX.......some day.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    suns22 wrote:
    I really dig strange times, but then again, I'm a new black keys fan.

I've recently got the new album and rubber factory, and love them both.
    I don't really hate it, I just like to see them tear the roof off the place and I don't think Strange Times allows them to do that. Strange Times is a decent song, but it doesn't show a new audience the Black Keys' full potential IMO
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I hope they play ocenas and streams but the whole thing rocks.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    adam42381 wrote:
    It's just the 2 of them. Danger Mouse produced the album and played some keys if I'm not mistaken but I'm pretty sure their live stuff is just the 2 on stage.

Just came back from the show. Sure, the two guys up front are pretty good, but I think the 24 behind stage deserve all the credit :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Great show, thought they were awesome.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

I just don't really like Strange Times at all. I have all their albums and really like them but I just don't get this song. For me, it's the weakest track on Attack and Release.
    adam42381 wrote:
    I just don't really like Strange Times at all. I have all their albums and really like them but I just don't get this song. For me, it's the weakest track on Attack and Release.

I liked it initially, but it wore on me. The rest of the album is superior to that track. IMO.
    I liked it initially, but it wore on me. The rest of the album is superior to that track. IMO.
    I listened to the album today and I just can't get into Strange Times. It's the only track I skipped through after listening to half of it.
    are you guys fucking pussies or what? strange times rocks harder than any other black keys tune. to vocally "not get" this tune is retarded. don't think so much. geezus.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    they showed how good they are... would love to see them and mmj at red rocks year :(
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    are you guys fucking pussies or what? strange times rocks harder than any other black keys tune. to vocally "not get" this tune is retarded. don't think so much. geezus.
    You, sir/maam, are a jackass. That is all.

Can't wait!!!! This will be #4 for me.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/