Chris Cornell in STL

PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
edited May 2007 in Other Music
WOW, Holy crap! I dont think I have EVER seen a better show in my life. Starting out with Spoonman and Rusty Cage, I knew it was going to be a killer show. I would def have to say the highlights were Burden in my Hand, Jesus Christ Pose, Hunger Strike, Say Hello to Heaven, and I couldnt believe it but he played Seasons!!!

Whoever says he is losing it need a hard slap in the face, cause he was on the top of his game lat night...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    :)

yeah he was sooo good at astoria. Not much TOTD :(:(
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    I was there last night and I was very impressed. He played for 2 1/2 hours and his voice sounded strong throughout. "My Wave" in the first encore was awesome.

What was the very last song they played? It sounded familiar.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    zircona1 wrote:
    I was there last night and I was very impressed. He played for 2 1/2 hours and his voice sounded strong throughout. "My Wave" in the first encore was awesome.

What was the very last song they played? It sounded familiar.

woaw

you got My Wave!!!??
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    damn i totally forgot he was coming to STL..haha...guess that shows how much i cared

glad you had a good time and it looked like a good setlist....
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Here was the setlist that someone posted. Looks like he played for 2 hrs and 35 mins.

Opening:
    Spoonman
    Outshined
    No Such Thing
    Original Fire
    Show Me How To Live
    Hunger Strike
    Say Hello To Heaven
    You Know My Name
    What You Are
    Fell On Black Days
    Rusty Cage

Acoustic:
    Can't Change Me
    I Am The Highway
    Wide Awake
    Doesn't Remind Me (half acoustic)

Cochise
    Burden In My Hand
    Like A Stone
    Seasons
    Billy Jean
    Jesus Christ Pose

Encore 1:
    My Wave
    Seasons
    Black Hole Sun

Encore 2:
    She'll Never Be Your Man
    Zero Chance
    Slaves and Bulldozers
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    know1 wrote:
    Here was the setlist that someone posted. Looks like he played for 2 hrs and 35 mins.

Opening:
    Spoonman
    Outshined
    No Such Thing
    Original Fire
    Show Me How To Live
    Hunger Strike
    Say Hello To Heaven
    You Know My Name
    What You Are
    Fell On Black Days
    Rusty Cage

Acoustic:
    Can't Change Me
    I Am The Highway
    Wide Awake

Cochise
    Burden In My Hand
    Like A Stone
    Seasons
    Billy Jean
    Jesus Christ Pose

Encore 1:
    My Wave
    **help**
    Black Hole Sun

Encore 2:
    She'll Never Be Your Man
    Zero Chance
    Slaves and Bulldozers

Ahh I have to wait until July to see him. I hope by then he will have worked more of the new album into the set. :)

Great setlist by the way. :)
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    know1 wrote:

Opening:
    Spoonman
    Outshined
    No Such Thing
    Original Fire
    Show Me How To Live
    Hunger Strike
    Say Hello To Heaven
    You Know My Name
    What You Are
    Fell On Black Days
    Rusty Cage

Acoustic:
    Can't Change Me
    I Am The Highway
    Wide Awake

Cochise
    Burden In My Hand
    Like A Stone
    Seasons
    Billy Jean
    Jesus Christ Pose

Encore 1:
    My Wave
    **help**
    Black Hole Sun

Encore 2:
    She'll Never Be Your Man
    Zero Chance
    Slaves and Bulldozers

that setlist gave me goosebumps!
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    know1 wrote:

Opening:
    Spoonman
    Outshined
    No Such Thing
    Original Fire
    Show Me How To Live
    Hunger Strike
    Say Hello To Heaven
    You Know My Name
    What You Are
    Fell On Black Days
    Rusty Cage

Acoustic:
    Can't Change Me
    I Am The Highway
    Wide Awake

Cochise
    Burden In My Hand
    Like A Stone
    Seasons
    Billy Jean
    Jesus Christ Pose

Encore 1:
    My Wave
    **help**
    Black Hole Sun

Encore 2:
    She'll Never Be Your Man
    Zero Chance
    Slaves and Bulldozers
    That setlist...

The length of that show...

That's in-fucking-sane.

The fact that his voice is holding up is even more insane.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
    seriously!
    26 songs... wow!
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    What is "**help**" on this setlist?
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    What is "**help**" on this setlist?

Sorry, that is where the poster didn't know one of the songs. I believe it ended up being "Seasons". I'll go change it in my post.

does anyone know of any torrents for recent Chris Cornell shows?
    I'll be taping the Denver show!
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    So, he played "Seasons" twice?
    So, he played "Seasons" twice?

Probably not. Let's try this again:

Spoonman
    Outshined
    Original fire
    Show me how to live
    No such thing
    You know my name
    Hunger strike
    Say hello to heaven
    Fell on black days
    What you are
    Rusty cage
    sunshower

Acoustic set:

Can't change me
    I'm the highway
    Scar on the sky
    Wide awake
    Doesn't remind me half acoustic

Cochise
    Mission
    Like a stone
    Billie jean
    Burden in my hand
    Jesus christ pose

Encore:

My Wave
    Seasons
    Black hole sun

2nd encore:

She will never be your man
    Zero chance
    Slaves and bulldozers

• larslars Posts: 524
    I guess his solo stuff can´t stand alone for a concert. So he could call himself "soundgarden with a touch of audioslave and some of myself". I guess he figured out, that the new solo tunes just don´t justify his great voice.
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • pjfanatic4pjfanatic4 Posts: 127
    Does anyone know who is in the band on stage with him?

I'm glad he is doing a lot of Soundgarden stuff. I'm going to try and make it to one if his stops.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    lars wrote:
    I guess his solo stuff can´t stand alone for a concert. So he could call himself "soundgarden with a touch of audioslave and some of myself". I guess he figured out, that the new solo tunes just don´t justify his great voice.

Dude his new album isn't even out yet (ok I know it leaked), and nobody wants to see someone play the new record live when most the audience will be unfamiliar with the songs.
    Dude his new album isn't even out yet (ok I know it leaked), and nobody wants to see someone play the new record live when most the audience will be unfamiliar with the songs.
    As far as I know No such thing, You know my name, billie jean, and she´ll never be your man are off the new record....so why would he play them?
    pjtaper wrote:
    does anyone know of any torrents for recent Chris Cornell shows?
    I'll be taping the Denver show!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-browse.php?search=%22chris+cornell%22&cat=0
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    pjfanatic4 wrote:
    Does anyone know who is in the band on stage with him?

http://www.chriscornell.org.uk/touringband.htm
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    lars wrote:
    As far as I know No such thing, You know my name, billie jean, and she´ll never be your man are off the new record....so why would he play them?
    Obviously the obvious escapes you: he's doing what every other artist/band with new material does: he's showcaseing some of it. You know...in order to get people somewhat familiar and interested in it...

It's not a brilliant new idea, Cornell didn't invent the concept.

It falls under the realm of "common sense" and "advertising".
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
    lars wrote:

Ok No Such Thing is the first single in the states and has a music video, so chances are a lot of people will know it, everybody knows You Know My Name cause of Bond, She'll Never Be Your Man has been streaming on his myspace for a few weeks, and who doesn't know the song Billie Jean?!

Just out of interest, why do you bother posting in these threads, seriously? I can't really see what you must get out of it, you usually make mildly inflammatory remarks about how overrated Cornell is, and that's it. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people expressing their opinions, but it must surely get a little tiresome?
    Ok No Such Thing is the first single in the states and has a music video, so chances are a lot of people will know it, everybody knows You Know My Name cause of Bond, She'll Never Be Your Man has been streaming on his myspace for a few weeks, and who doesn't know the song Billie Jean?!

Just out of interest, why do you bother posting in these threads, seriously? I can't really see what you must get out of it, you usually make mildly inflammatory remarks about how overrated Cornell is, and that's it. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people expressing their opinions, but it must surely get a little tiresome?
    blah blah blah....so you stand corrected I hear. Why do you write on the message board? Cry and tears
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Oh crap! My Wave??? Fucking awesome!!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
    lars wrote:
    blah blah blah....so you stand corrected I hear. Why do you write on the message board? Cry and tears

Mate I'm not sure what you mean about standing corrected? In terms of him playing those songs, they are the ones that people would be familiar with, and I think he just doesn't want to overpower people with all the new stuff before it is all released.

I have no issue if you want to share your opinion, I'm just trying to understand why you would single out a particular artist who you don't like, and yet for someone you don't like, you seem to put an awful lot of effort into commenting about them. You know, if a Nickleback thread comes up, I'll be the first to say they're shit, but I wouldn't spend my time continuously commenting on them when there are other threads about bands I actually do like.
    Mate I'm not sure what you mean about standing corrected? In terms of him playing those songs, they are the ones that people would be familiar with, and I think he just doesn't want to overpower people with all the new stuff before it is all released.

I have no issue if you want to share your opinion, I'm just trying to understand why you would single out a particular artist who you don't like, and yet for someone you don't like, you seem to put an awful lot of effort into commenting about them. You know, if a Nickleback thread comes up, I'll be the first to say they're shit, but I wouldn't spend my time continuously commenting on them when there are other threads about bands I actually do like.
    the thing is if you were a great reader you would find out that I actually have nothing against cornell as a singer....he has a cool voice but his new solo stuff sucks....he was a legend in soundgarden. People like yourself have to become aware of this.....now...not tommorrow....now! Reunite soundgarden = do not buy his new solo. Yeah that´s my agenda - reunite soundgarden
    lars wrote:
    the thing is if you were a great reader you would find out that I actually have nothing against cornell as a singer....he has a cool voice but his new solo stuff sucks....he was a legend in soundgarden. People like yourself have to become aware of this.....now...not tommorrow....now! Reunite soundgarden = do not buy his new solo. Yeah that´s my agenda - reunite soundgarden

lol, if I was to go through all your posts, yeah I'm not quite that bored yet!

I agree some of his new album aint up to much, but some of it is pretty good. The thing I think you are missing, is that even if he did reunite Soundgarden, he's not the same man he was back then, so it probably wouldn't sound the same as it did anyway. Personally I think it's going to take him a couple more albums as a solo artist before he gets his shit together again and makes another classic. The upside of him being this new happy drug/alcohol free family man, is that he's taking much better care of himself and more importantly his voice, so he's sounding better right now than he has in years.
    lol, if I was to go through all your posts, yeah I'm not quite that bored yet!

I agree some of his new album aint up to much, but some of it is pretty good. The thing I think you are missing, is that even if he did reunite Soundgarden, he's not the same man he was back then, so it probably wouldn't sound the same as it did anyway. Personally I think it's going to take him a couple more albums as a solo artist before he gets his shit together again and makes another classic. The upside of him being this new happy drug/alcohol free family man, is that he's taking much better care of himself and more importantly his voice, so he's sounding better right now than he has in years.
    he should do drugs again
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Here is a write up from last month in TO. It may help you get by until the man shows up at your town or city.......http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/C/Cornell_Chris/ConcertReviews/2007/04/16/4033361.html
    You've changed your place in this world!