Crowded House played 2 familiar PJ songs

earlpjearlpj Posts: 34
edited July 2008 in Other Music
Well, I mean two songs that PJ have been playing live also.
I saw Crowded House live last Saturday and after playing two of their big hits (Don't dream it's over, Weather with you), they played Throw your arms around me (written by the brother of Crowded House Nick Seymour) and I got you (Split Enz).

I was one of the few singing along with these two gems....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    earlpj wrote:
    Well, I mean two songs that PJ have been playing live also.
    I saw Crowded House live last Saturday and after playing two of their big hits (Don't dream it's over, Weather with you), they played Throw your arms around me (written by the brother of Crowded House Nick Seymour) and I got you (Split Enz).

I was one of the few singing along with these two gems....

I'm sure you've seen the 7 Worlds Collide dvd? If not run to your nearest record store now and buy it. One of my all time favorite concert films. Just great.
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Nick Seymour is in Crowded House and Neil Finn (also in crowded house) was in Split Enz.

I read somewhere that those songs are staples in their live sets, but that was a while ago.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    throw your arms around me is a hunters and collectors song, band headed by nick's brother who co-wrote it :)

and yes, get thee to the store and buy 7 worlds collide. it's one of my favorite DVD (and CD!) ever

i love how PJ gives crowded house/enz love, it's like a combo of my fave things :)
  • neonneon Posts: 11
    Not really suprised that the play i got you neil finn wrote that when he was in split enz
    I've got memories i got shit

Astoria
    Dublin
    Wembley
    Hyde Park
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    theres a collection out there of Ed playing with Crowded House. Not good quality, but pretty cool.

Not those songs either.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!