All Points West Festival

rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
edited August 2008 in Other Music
Hey anyone go to any of the three days of the All Points West Festival at Liberty State Park?

I went yesterday and it was a lot of fun. Not too impressed by Radiohead though. I mean they were okay but I was expecting a little more from the headliner.

Kings of Leon kicked ass! The new songs sound great. They played Crawl, Sex on Fire (for the first time they said) and I'm pretty sure some other new one.

Some other really great bands that I really didn't know much about too: K'NAAN, The Black Angels, The Virgins.

Oh and I even got to meet the Roots! Awesome guys. Awesome performance as well.

Saw one Pearl Jam shirt there. Just wondering if anyone else went. Any comments?
Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
Butthead: Huh huh.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• leafs4everleafs4ever Posts: 833
    Hey anyone go to any of the three days of the All Points West Festival at Liberty State Park?

I went yesterday and it was a lot of fun. Not too impressed by Radiohead though. I mean they were okay but I was expecting a little more from the headliner.

Kings of Leon kicked ass! The new songs sound great. They played Crawl, Sex on Fire (for the first time they said) and I'm pretty sure some other new one.

Some other really great bands that I really didn't know much about too: K'NAAN, The Black Angels, The Virgins.

Oh and I even got to meet the Roots! Awesome guys. Awesome performance as well.

Saw one Pearl Jam shirt there. Just wondering if anyone else went. Any comments?

hey, yup i was at friday and saturday and made a thread about it. I was wearing my eddie vedder shirt on friday, i don't know if that's the one you are talking about but if you want to go to the other thread we've done a couple reviews over there.
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=297158
    I'm sorry to hear you weren't that happy with radiohead, i thought both days were fantastic but to each their own :)
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    After Nights 1 and 2 of APW I can say that Radiohead is the best band I've ever seen live... besides Pearl Jam. I can't understand how anyone would ever be able to expect more from them. The sets were varied, and they sounded spot on.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I only went Saturday. Kings Of Leon were awesome. And I was really impressed by Radiohead's performance. I was basically a casual fan going in, but now I really like them. Some of their more "out there" songs made more sense to me in a live setting, seeing the actual musicianship itself rather than just listening to it. It really clicked for me.

Got there in the middle of the day so I didn't see much else. Saw a little of Sia and The Black Angels. It was my 2nd time seeing KOL, 1st was their headline show at Radio City last September, love that band.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan