Black Rain

rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Just got the new Ozzy cd. I pre-ordered it to get the code for ozzfest and its pretty good. great guitar work by zach. anyone else hear it yet?
Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
Butthead: Huh huh.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    does Ozzy still write his own songs?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    TheGossman wrote:
    does Ozzy still write his own songs?
    yes sir.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    Has Ozzy ever written his own songs? Geezer and Iommi wrote 90% of the Sabbath material. Bob Daisley wrote the lyrics for most of the early Ozzy material. Lemmy wrote a bunch of tunes on No More Tears. Both Ozzmosis and Down To Earth are filled with tunes bought/brought in from songwriters/song doctors John Purdell, Jim Vallence, Mark Hudson, Lemmy, Marti Frederiksen, ect). Ozzy was a great frontman back in the day, but he's never been much of a writer.
  • spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    I downloaded this the other day, listened to it once, and deleted it. I guess I'm not much of an Ozzy fan. I liked some of his older stuff though.
  • nowayimfaithfullnowayimfaithfull Posts: 2,051
    its good
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • i got my pre-order today too. it's not bad on first listen. i certainly wasn't expecting diary of a madman quality out of this one, and i'm not really feeling zakk wylde's guitar presence quite as much as i would like to. i'll have to listen to it a few more times before formulating a definite opinion, but i think it will grow on me.

i was disappointed that the album came in a non-descript cardboard sleeve with no insert. this was supposed to be the cover art:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ozzy_Osbourne_-_Black_Rain.jpg

since when does "limited edition" mean less packaging? it really makes me appreciate what ten club does for us.

btw, are we still expecting a new black sabbath album at some point? i've been looking forward to that one for a while, but it's starting to turn into tony iommi's version of chinese democracy.
  • The Vacant wrote:
    Has Ozzy ever written his own songs? Geezer and Iommi wrote 90% of the Sabbath material. Bob Daisley wrote the lyrics for most of the early Ozzy material. Lemmy wrote a bunch of tunes on No More Tears. Both Ozzmosis and Down To Earth are filled with tunes bought/brought in from songwriters/song doctors John Purdell, Jim Vallence, Mark Hudson, Lemmy, Marti Frederiksen, ect). Ozzy was a great frontman back in the day, but he's never been much of a writer.

i tend to doubt that ozzy has enough music theory to really be a true songwriter. his biggest strength is that he's always able to pick out the best available musicians, both in terms of talent and chemistry.

and for someone who bills himself as a solo artist, he takes the concept of being in a band very seriously. his band members will always have as much input into the songwriting process as they would with any other band, and that's fine by me.

and even if he's gotten a lot of help at times, i don't think he's ever released a song that he hasn't written at least a significant portion of (although i could be wrong).
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I aint putting no pennies in that skag Sharon's pockets.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.