The Nightwatchman 6-26-07 NYC

rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
edited May 2007 in Other Music
So who's seeing Tom Morello "The Nightwtachman" June 26th in NYC??? Will I see any fellow jammers there???
Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
Butthead: Huh huh.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    So who's seeing Tom Morello "The Nightwtachman" June 26th in NYC??? Will I see any fellow jammers there???

i just picked up the album...where is he playing and when do tix go on sale?
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I don't have tickets yet, but I'd really like to go.

Bowery Ballroom btw.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • LiveRust007LiveRust007 Posts: 15
    I will be there and I'm really looking forward to it....as I think the new album says a lot of important things and sounds good at the same time. For those interested tickets are available at ticketweb.com as opposed to ticketbastard. Tickets are only $16 so hopfully see a few of us there.
  • piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    I'll be there. Really excited!
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    my2hands wrote:
    i just picked up the album...where is he playing and when do tix go on sale?

Tix already on sale...16 and over only admitted...ticketweb.com...more info at themightwatchmanmusic.com.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
  • I figure I might as well go since I can get in free (the now defunct Audioslave fanclub offered a free ticket to former fanclub members). I like that he's political and probably has something to say, but I honestly don't know what to expect. Are the Nightwatchman supposed to sound anything like Rage? I barely know any Rage stuff anyway.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I figure I might as well go since I can get in free (the now defunct Audioslave fanclub offered a free ticket to former fanclub members). I like that he's political and probably has something to say, but I honestly don't know what to expect. Are the Nightwatchman supposed to sound anything like Rage? I barely know any Rage stuff anyway.

The Nightwatchman is what Tom Morello calls himself when he plays shows solo on his acoustic guitar. All of the songs are highly political, sung by Morello, and played by him on his acoustic guitar.

It's actually pretty average, from what I've heard.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    I'm going, pretty psyched...havn't heard the record and prob won't before the show..

Bowery's a great venue to see a show
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I like that he's political and probably has something to say, but I honestly don't know what to expect. Are the Nightwatchman supposed to sound anything like Rage? I barely know any Rage stuff anyway.

Nothing like the Rage I've heard. Very very folk sounding. For some reason I want to call it 'grapes of wrath' music'. Labor music. Some good tunes. All acoustic. Quite militant.

If its only over 16, does that mean unattended 16, or could I bring a kid younger than that if they're with me?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    JaneNY wrote:
    Nothing like the Rage I've heard. Very very folk sounding. For some reason I want to call it 'grapes of wrath' music'. Labor music. Some good tunes. All acoustic. Quite militant.

If its only over 16, does that mean unattended 16, or could I bring a kid younger than that if they're with me?

You must be 16 to enter if that helps your question.