Chris Cornell Sound-A-Like

rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
edited April 2007 in Other Music
So I'm listening to the radio today and this song called "Soulcrusher" by "Operator" comes on and I'm listening to the vocals and I noticed an eery similarity between his voice and that of Chris Cornell's. Songs pretty good. The band's guitarist is the guitarist from Puddle of Mudd. Anyways check out the song.

http://www.myspace.com/operatormusic

Oh BTW...the music video is not work appropriate (contains nudity).
Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
Butthead: Huh huh.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lephtylephty Posts: 770
    wow thats crazy...

song ain't too bad. sounds like a cut song from superunknown=p
  • MLB5150MLB5150 Posts: 70
    Chris Cornell has a brother thats a musician, they sound almost exactly the same. Could be his band, on account of he is in one.
    "Who did you say you were, replacing might for miracles?" - ajc
  • nickydeannickydean Posts: 40
    Are you sure it isn't Phil Collins?
  • gummogummo Posts: 14
    Sounds like Cornell. Looks like the dude from Crazytown.
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    the poster gave us a direct link so why would you think it's Peter???? Anyway, IF you haven't checked out Peters band they're called Black Market Radio and like every other band on the planet, have a myspace page:
    http://www.myspace.com/blackmarketradio

as for Mr. Strong sounding like Chris, I hear it but only at the beginning......nice sound though.............thanks for the link...

MLB5150 wrote:
    Chris Cornell has a brother thats a musician, they sound almost exactly the same. Could be his band, on account of he is in one.
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Wow, that's quite the soundalike. The song isn't that bad either actually.
  • I can't remember if that's the same song... or band, but I've heard a song on the radio a couple times before too and thinking it sounded like a Chris Cornell copy.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    man i love this song.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    oh god. it's chris cornell, but with bogus angst. i need to listen to listen to Limo Wreck to cleanse my mind of this.

good news is, they won't make it.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Holy shit... the similarity during the verses is just downright insane, especially when they put the delay on his voice.

I actually do like the song though. The lyrics seem lame but you can't ignore the rawness and power that's in that song.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Here's another soundalike: http://www.myspace.com/thequillofficial

I have one of their older albums, apparently they told the producer they wanted a 'Badmotorfinger' sound - and they pretty much got it (obviously the songs aint nearly as good though!)
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    puddle of mudd are lame

vocalist seems alright
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    So I'm listening to the radio today and this song called "Soulcrusher" by "Operator" comes on and I'm listening to the vocals and I noticed an eery similarity between his voice and that of Chris Cornell's. Songs pretty good. The band's guitarist is the guitarist from Puddle of Mudd. Anyways check out the song.

http://www.myspace.com/operatormusic

Oh BTW...the music video is not work appropriate (contains nudity).

I heard this a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe the guy's voice. It's nice and does sound somewhat similar. Chris Cornell is still the man. :)
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    good song but the lyrics are lame