The Nightwatchman 6-26-07 NYC!

rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Going to see the Nighwatchman tomorrow night in NYC at the Bowery Ballroom. Gonna be awesome. Any Jammers going? Sorry guys, I won't be wearing my PJ shirt to this one. I'll be in a Rage Against the Machine shirt. See you guys there.
Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
Butthead: Huh huh.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i'll be there. i'm on the audiophiles guest list.
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    me too
    coming from work so no rock tee (life in the corporate world..)

cool reading about the boss showing up in atlanta

anyone know anything about the opener?
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    I'll be there.

Very excited.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    mauichick wrote:
    me too
    coming from work so no rock tee (life in the corporate world..)

cool reading about the boss showing up in atlanta

anyone know anything about the opener?

Yeah, his name is Dustin Kensrue. He's the frontman from Thrice.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Just got back from the show and Tom Morello is amazing. His voice was amazing, his guitar playin was amazing, his energy was through the roof. The opener wasnt awful either, he played Masters of War which was pretty cool. I also got Tom's setlist which was nice
    32 shows and counting...
  • I thought he was entertaining, and I appreciated his message and guitar playing...but I have to say I don't think his voice is anything too special.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Great show, high energy. Funny little barb about Cornell!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Did anyone stay for the meet and greet? I had to race out of there at the end, but heard there was going to be a meet and greet of sorts.
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    What did he say about Cornell?
    He was talking about how chicks always flock to the lead singer and that when he was on tour with audioslave in sweden two chicks ran up to him and were like youre tom morello from audioslave! Wheres Chris Cornell!? He was like back at the hotel, and as a joke to the crowd he said to us "breaking up the band."
    32 shows and counting...
  • Yeah, his name is Dustin Kensrue. He's the frontman from Thrice.

i thought he was really good. it's not what i would usually get into, but he had a really good voice (a rare quality in current music). so i picked up his CD. now i guess i'm gonna have to check out thrice...

tom morello is funny as hell. that "half-roll of nickels" story was great. "the revolution cannot be stopped by a half-roll of nickels!"

it's a shame, though. life was never really fair to layne staley, was it?

also...
    Kraven wrote:
    He was talking about how chicks always flock to the lead singer and that when he was on tour with audioslave in sweden two chicks ran up to him and were like youre tom morello from audioslave! Wheres Chris Cornell!? He was like back at the hotel, and as a joke to the crowd he said to us "breaking up the band."

funny stuff, and something that us guitar players can definitely relate to. the singer of my last band used to tell girls, "these guys play instruments, but i am an instrument!" then i'd respond with, "no, you're a tool." :rolleyes: but i'm getting off topic...

tom put on a really good show. i wanted to stick around for the meet and greet, but it was late and i had to get back to jersey... :(

it's a shame i spent all my money on chris cornell tickets and won't be seeing rage at randall's island. but that was my decision and i stand by it.
    Kraven wrote:
    Just got back from the show and Tom Morello is amazing. His voice was amazing, his guitar playin was amazing, his energy was through the roof. The opener wasnt awful either, he played Masters of War which was pretty cool. I also got Tom's setlist which was nice

Hey man. You were standing right infront of my buddy and I. I was the tall one in the green RATM shirt that shouted out the time for Dustin.

We stayed for the meet and greet and it was pretty cool. The security was pretty uptight about taking no pictures and one of them took my camera away after I took one.
    Forgot to mention that I saw a lot of PJ fans there including one who requested that the opener (when he asked what band to cover) said Pearl Jam. Unfortunately she was in the balcony and was using her "inside voice" at the wrong time.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    I saw him in boston last night..great stuff. I did a review on my blog if anyone wants to check it out. I'll prolly post the mp3's of the concert soon..i just have "work" to do.

http://toddiet123.blogspot.com/2007/06/nightwatchman-tom-morello-tt-bears.html
    Hey man. You were standing right infront of my buddy and I. I was the tall one in the green RATM shirt that shouted out the time for Dustin.

We stayed for the meet and greet and it was pretty cool. The security was pretty uptight about taking no pictures and one of them took my camera away after I took one.

Ah, I remember you, good heads up on the time! Yeah, I booked after the show was over, I didn't get a "golden ticket" as someone was calling it, so I just headed home. Was Tom cool? He seemed pretty chill during the show.
    32 shows and counting...
    Kraven wrote:
    Ah, I remember you, good heads up on the time! Yeah, I booked after the show was over, I didn't get a "golden ticket" as someone was calling it, so I just headed home. Was Tom cool? He seemed pretty chill during the show.

Yeah Tom was pretty cool. I was a bit star struck though (and a bit pist that the security guard had taken my camera away). He commented me on my shirt, as I commented him on his Lafayette Lacrosse shirt. Pretty nice guy; very friendly.
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    Kraven wrote:

You didn't need one..Security was more concerned about cameras
    If you stayed around and lined up, you could have met him
    He was really cool. After his comment about CC, I said so its CC's fault that Audioslave broke up and his answer was well he (CC) quit the band

He was really entertaining on stage w/ great rapport with the audience like everyone's said
    and the bribery bit was cool
    although we deserved some Rage

I LOVED the opener..he had GREAT voice and cool he was playing requests (Dylan, Radiohead, Elvis Costello)
    Masters was amazing...not Eddie and Mike, but damn good

Havn't heard Thrice's music. Aren't they more hardcore or am i way off in thinking that?
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    Forgot to mention that I saw a lot of PJ fans there

Yeah, based on this thread alone there seems to have been a solid showing...but I must have been out of it, I didn't notice any PJ shirts (well, aside from my own) or familiar PJ faces for that matter.
    Yeah, based on this thread alone there seems to have been a solid showing...but I must have been out of it, I didn't notice any PJ shirts (well, aside from my own) or familiar PJ faces for that matter.

Were you the guy in the blue avocado shirt? If show I rode the subway home with you.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Is his album worth getting??

Does he sing on all the tracks and are they all acoustic??

Haven't heard any of it yet.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    Were you the guy in the blue avocado shirt? If show I rode the subway home with you.

Nope, I was in a black LBC shirt...and am a girl.
  • piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    Is his album worth getting??

Does he sing on all the tracks and are they all acoustic??

Haven't heard any of it yet.

He does sing on all the tracks, and they are all acoustic.
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    I just started listening to this album this morning and i'm really liking what i'm hearing so far.
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016