Cornell's Hotel Room Hit by Flood in Argentina

No_ones_rivalNo_ones_rival Posts: 385
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Chris Cornell reportedly lost in excess of $30,000 worth of belongings last week when a flood hit the Buenos Aires, Argentina, hotel in which he was staying. The former Soundgarden/Audioslave singer was in his room with his wife, Vicky, following a gig in the city when the deluge struck. According to his rep, Cornell was left "understandably shaken" but was "happy no one was injured" in the incident.

How many pairs of jeans did the guy lose?
Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• People like to talk shit about Cornell, but you got to admit, he looks fucking cool in those jeans.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Them-Bones wrote:
    but you got to admit, he looks fucking cool in those jeans.

well...that's what it's really all about, isn't it?

:rolleyes:
  • s_rockvam wrote:

How many pairs of jeans did the guy lose?

350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • That's too bad, but 30K is probably all but meaningless to the guy. Still would suck though.
  • He seems to be quite unlucky lately though. :(
  • i don't get why so many people talk shit about him. seriously. and even if you think his music sucks now, he will always be a musical genious for his soundgarden, temple of the dog, and euphoria morning work. audioslave was excelllent but they seem to have some haters. and the new album was just good but has alot of haters. and if the man is into fashion, so be it. he is not a bad person because of it. i'm sure he didn't want to cancel those shows. proboly his agent or manager or something. remember, he doesn't make all the decisions. either way, he is a brilliant musician all around and a good person. its gotta suck losing 30k but being in the room during the flood had to really scare the shit out of them.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    He seems to be quite unlucky lately though. :(
    Karma Perhaps?

http://www.reveillemag.com/news/news/chris-cornell-sells-out

"Salt Lake and Denver Shows Postponed
    We regret to inform you that the shows scheduled for July 13th (Salt Lake City, Utah) and July 14th (Denver, Colorado) have been postponed until the next leg of the tour.

Turns out, the reason Chris cancelled the 2 shows was to play a private gig in Santa Monica, CA for the 5th anniversary of the designer jeans company 'Rock & Republic '. Instead of playing to his true fans who paid their hard earned money to see him, he skips the shows to play for a company that makes $200+ jeans. Some of Chris' fans were quick to defend him and couldn't believe that it happened, but these Wire Image photos prove that it is in fact true."
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    Karma Perhaps?

We regret to inform you that the shows scheduled for July 13th (Salt Lake City, Utah) and July 14th (Denver, Colorado) have been postponed until the next leg of the tour.

Turns out, the reason Chris cancelled the 2 shows was to play a private gig in Santa Monica, CA for the 5th anniversary of the designer jeans company 'Rock & Republic '. Instead of playing to his true fans who paid their hard earned money to see him, he skips the shows to play for a company that makes $200+ jeans. Some of Chris' fans were quick to defend him and couldn't believe that it happened, but these Wire Image photos prove that it is in fact true."

Well I'm pretty sure he made up atleast one of those shows in a return concert (Think it was Denver). Bottom line is people need to quit their bitching because you sound like a bunch of spoilt pricks.
  • intodeep wrote:
    Karma Perhaps?

Oh. Get over it!
  • When I posted this, I was just fucking around with the jeans comment. He was and still is very talented musician and is amazing live. Just wanted to clarify. I don't wanna be lumped in with the haters!
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Oh. Get over it!

Well i do think it was the wrong decision for him to make. Obviously you don't, thats cool i'll just agree to disagree.

As for my post i was more joking then anything else.

It is never good to hear that someone lost so much stuff. The one good thing is I'm sure he either has insurance or can sell a few jeans and make up for the losses :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    Well i do think it was the wrong decision for him to make. Obviously you don't, thats cool i'll just agree to disagree.

It is never good to hear that someone lost so much stuff. The one good thing is I'm sure he either has insurance or can sell a few jeans and make up for the losses :D

Sorry.

I just get fed up with hearing everyone banging on about it. It was ages ago. :)
  • 30K sounds right must of been about 30 pairs of Rock N Republic Jeans.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• intodeep wrote:

I'm pretty sure the management (who he has now parted ways with) made that decision for him. If only artists had that kind of power!
  • Them-Bones wrote:
    People like to talk shit about Cornell, but you got to admit, he looks fucking cool in those jeans.

Yeah, they may look nice and I'm sure most people like them nowdays, but to me, he'll never look cooler than he did when he was wearing nothing but combat boots and ripped up shorts.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Yeah, they may look nice and I'm sure most people like them nowdays, but to me, he'll never look cooler than he did when he was wearing nothing but combat boots and ripped up shorts.

Cool????? :D

No no! He was HOT!!! :p

Jesus Christ Pose film clip is one of the greatest perv fest film clips of all time! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    Cool????? :D

No no! He was HOT!!! :p

Jesus Christ Pose film clip is one of the greatest perv fest film clips of all time! :)

Haha, well I'll give you that, I guess. I try not to look at other guys in that way. Though, if it came down to it, I suppose so... :D
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Haha, well I'll give you that, I guess. I try not to look at other guys in that way. Though, if it came down to it, I suppose so... :D

TRUST ME!!! :D

Two things could render me ga ga back in the day. Chris Cornell in the Jesus Christ Pose film clip and that bit in the PJ MTV unplugged where Ed takes his cap off and shakes out all his lovely hair. BOTH made me sit there like a blithering idiot! :D My friends used to put them on just to watch my reaction. :D

If ever there was footage that could turn a fella I reckon those would be it! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift