Snow Patrol...

bjf143bjf143 Posts: 147
edited August 2006 in Other Music
The gf got tickets to see snow patrol tomorrow night at the Bank of America Pavilion in Boston...has anyone ever seen them before?? are they any good?? will they play a 3 hour pj - style set w/ a few encores?? haha just kidding.. :)
"Actually, we're a complete fraud. We can't sing, play or write songs, we get other people to do it for us. We also pay radio stations lots of money to tell kids to buy our records and wear clothes like us."

~EV

www.myspace.com/nittanylions

Jo's Board
http:\\jojogvn2fly.proboards86.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    never seen them live but their songs bore me to tears......

Have fun!!!! :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • bjf143bjf143 Posts: 147
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    never seen them live but their songs bore me to tears......

Have fun!!!! :D

oh, well that's good...thanks <<sarcasm>> :D
    "Actually, we're a complete fraud. We can't sing, play or write songs, we get other people to do it for us. We also pay radio stations lots of money to tell kids to buy our records and wear clothes like us."

~EV

www.myspace.com/nittanylions

Jo's Board
    http:\\jojogvn2fly.proboards86.com
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I enjoy them, I saw a concert of theirs on TV once and they looked pretty good live. I am jealous. They have some great anthems
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I've seen them live. Possibly twice, I can't really remember. Pretty good, although nothing special. Something to pass the time.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Snow Patrol are ok, Keane on the other hand.... :eek:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    I saw them on the Final Straw tour at the now closed "call" in providence..they were very good I thought.
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    One of my fave bands. Looking forward to seeing them for the first time at the end of next month. :)
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i love snow patrol. their show in chicago next month is sold out :( im going to try to scalp tickets though... i hear they're great live.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I liked final straw, some of the songs were nice and some were quite rocky. The new songs ive heard have bored me though, very Keane like.

I have one of their earlier albums which is ok as well, but i dont really like their new sound at all.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Keane have been known to induce people into comas at their live shows, here was one fan at a recent show:

http://www.1up.com/flat/Kimi/petesleep.jpg
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I saw them at Live8 last year and they were dull as dish water. if you're content with watching a band sound the same live as they do on cd then it might not bother you so much.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I like some of their songs.
    Never seen them live though.

Why is it so many "current" "modern" bands can't play live worth shit?
  • i saw them on the tour for final straw and i thought they were really good. it was a really fun, small show. i wanted to see them on tour for this album but didn't get to. oh well. hope you enjoy them!