new Ben Harper on Tuesday...

CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Anyone else excited?
"I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i've been listening to parts of it...i don't know what i think yet as i usually prefer his funkier, more rock oriented stuff and this is a very mellow album. still, the mellow songs here are better than in the past and there are still a lot of upbeat songs so i should wind up liking it
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Ben's been on a bit of a loosing streak.....we'll see if he can turn it around.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Ben's been on a bit of a loosing streak.....we'll see if he can turn it around.

Loosing streak? If you mean losing streak, losing in what way? I loved his last album.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• my eardrums have boners, yes. ;)

hope he tours in uk!!!
  • you can bet I am buying the cd.

But i listened to the leaked version and I am actually disppoainted. New Ben Albums are like new pearl Jam or Bruce or Dylan records. There is no question the content on the record will be above par and excellent.

But this album isnt as good as previous ben releases. He has moments of beauty on this record. The final two songs are mindblowing and beautiful, but there are many songs in the middle of the record that arent up to snuff.

I am a tad disappointed.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Can't wait!!! :cool:
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • im excited :)
  • it is very tasty. the new track they played at lolla sounded better live than it does on the album
    Fav. Bands
    My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam
    Neil Young
    Wilco
    Tool
    Rush
    Drive By Truckers

pj shows
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    I've ordered mine and you can get a listen here to "In The Colors" then click on it and watch the video.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:
    Loosing streak? If you mean losing streak, losing in what way? I loved his last album.

Peace

i liken his last two albums to pearl jams binaural/riot act period......some good songs but overall lackluster albums.
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    I'm so excited, I'm literally counting the hours!

It's been killing me not to download it the past month or so, but I wanted to wait and have the full experience of buying, unwrapping, putting on my headphones and devoting a couple of hours to listening and going over the album art. I never get early downloads of my favorite artists, and Ben is my favorite next to Pearl Jam.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    it is very tasty. the new track they played at lolla sounded better live than it does on the album

if you're referring to "say you will" i completely agree. something about the live version was much more powerful and energetic...and i'm not crazy about all the female backup vocals on the studio version
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.