EVEN FlOW - The Ultimate Pearl Jam Tribute Band

mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Anyone seen these guys? They are coming to Atlanta in October so I wanted to know if it was worth checking out. I mean the real Pearl Jam won't come to Atlanta so I guess a tribute band would be the next best thing.
"So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
"Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• artjamartjam Posts: 227
    saw 'em in charlotte. pretty damn good.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    mwachsman wrote:
    Anyone seen these guys? They are coming to Atlanta in October so I wanted to know if it was worth checking out. I mean the real Pearl Jam won't come to Atlanta so I guess a tribute band would be the next best thing.

When and where are they playing here? I'd love ot check them out too.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    When and where are they playing here? I'd love ot check them out too.

October 28th at The Masquerade.

http://www.evenflowrocks.com/index.php?act=shows
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Tribute bands are Lame-O But if i were in the south i might be fixin' to hear live PJ too.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Not only do the rock and not only have I seen them. I was brought up on the stage and played Rockin In The Free World with them. Fucking awesome night.
  • I'm in two minds about Pearl Jam tribute bands, on the one hand I think it would be really cool to hear all those songs live, but on the other hand I know how much it irritates me hearing all the Vedder wannabes in other bands let alone someone who is purposefully trying to sing exactly like him. I think I'd probably enjoy it more if the singer just sang the songs in their own natural voice.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Tribute bands are cool No need to hate on them.

these guys aren't like creed, nickleback, etc who are trying to be original and just taking another bands sound. These guys are generally fans who love the music and just want to have fun and play the songs.

I dig them and it is always fun to check them out.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I'll definetly be there to check them out. They sound pretty good on their website. I just want to hear some Pearl Jam being played somewhere around here.
    7.18.06 (Finally!)
    6.22.08 (With my little bro!)
  • I saw these guys a couple weeks ago in Chattanooga. Also got to make-out with the singer...turns out he's married tho...oops... =)
  • they're awesome. they put on a great, fun show. really nice guys too. don't miss it, you'll have a good time for sure.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Don't you just find tribute bands a bit embarassing?
  • not at all.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Cornflake wrote:
    I saw these guys a couple weeks ago in Chattanooga. Also got to make-out with the singer...turns out he's married tho...oops... =)

Yeah, real classy guy. Oh and don't forget to bring the chicks up to dance and show their stuff during "Daughter''. If Pearl Jam were an annoying frat boy band, they'd be called Evenflow