Bonnaroo Lineup

mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
edited February 2007 in Other Music
http://www.bonnaroo.com/festivals/2007;lineup

Edit: Sometimes the link works and sometimes it doesn't. Here it is:

The Police • Tool • Widespread Panic • The White Stripes • Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals • Flaming Lips • Wilco • Manu Chao • The String Cheese Incident • Franz Ferdinand • Bob Weir & Ratdog • Damien Rice • Ween • The Roots • Gov't Mule • Ziggy Marley & the Melody Makers • The Decemberists • Kings of Leon • Spearhead • Wolfmother • Regina Spektor • The Black Keys • DJ Shadow • Gillian Welch & David Rawlings • Spoon • Keller Williams • Sasha & Digweed • STS9 • Old Crow Medicine Show • The Hold Steady • Galactic • Lily Allen • North Mississippi Allstars • Fountains Of Wayne • Hot Tuna • Feist • Hot Chip • John Butler Trio • Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys • Aesop Rock • The Richard Thompson Band • Xavier Rudd • Tortoise • T-Bone Burnett • Mavis Staples • Clutch • Cold War Kids • Paolo Nutini • Brazilian Girls • RX Bandits • The Slip • Girl Talk • Railroad Earth • Martha Wainright • Rodrigo y Gabriela • Annuals • Tea Leaf Green • Sam Roberts Band • Elvis Perkins in Dearland • Charlie Louven • Sonya Kitchell • Apollo Sunshine • Ryan Shaw • Uncle Earl • The National • The Little Ones •
"So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
"Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ntt117ntt117 Posts: 56
    This lineup is quite a bit different than what the rumored ones have been. I'm kinda dissapointed. I really wanted to see My Morning Jacket. And when did the White Stripes start playing together again? This is my first year really following Bonaroo stuff, so do other big bands sign on after the initial list?
    "If we werent all crazy we would go insane."
  • I thought the "official" lineup wasn't out till tomorrow?
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • ntt117 wrote:
    This lineup is quite a bit different than what the rumored ones have been. I'm kinda dissapointed. I really wanted to see My Morning Jacket. And when did the White Stripes start playing together again? This is my first year really following Bonaroo stuff, so do other big bands sign on after the initial list?

The White Stripes just signed a new record contract that was announced yesterday. Yea, this is just the initial lineup so others will be added.

However, I was just thinking that maybe they would release a bullshit lineup early in order to throw people off of what's actually going to be announced tomm. I guess we'll find out tomm.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • This is what the lineup screen looked like when it was up. You can't access it now. At least I can't.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t54/mwachsman/Bonnaroo2007.jpg
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    This is the most tempted I've ever been to go see Bonnaroo. The Police, Gov't Mule, String Cheese Incident, Tool. All pretty good incentive for me.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • yosi wrote:
    This is the most tempted I've ever been to go see Bonnaroo. The Police, Gov't Mule, String Cheese Incident, Tool. All pretty good incentive for me.

Agreed, I want to see:
    Tool
    The White Stripes
    The Decemberists
    Kings of Leon
    Wolfmother
    The Hold Steady
    Cold War Kids
    Rodrigo y Gabriela

Others I wouldn't mind seeing:
    The Police
    Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals
    Wilco
    Flaming Lips
    Damien Rice
    Gov't Mule
    The Roots
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Feist, the Decemberists, Wilco, Ween, Flaming Lips, Tortoise, Franz Ferdinand, Tool, Damien Rice.....pretty incredible line-up!!!!!
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Modest Mouse, Bob Dylan, and Pearl Jam removed? I hope that's a joke... seriously, I want to see Modest Mouse! *throws tantrum*
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • this lineup is a tad bit lame, imo. I'm sure they will add to it, I don't see any bands capable of a 2am rager at this point....I'm sure more are coming.
    8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 11/14/02(letterman), 4/30/03, 6/6/03, 7/6/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 3/18/05, 9/2/05, 9/4/05, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/5/06, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/22/06, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 7/6/06
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    This is a very impressive lineup - very diverse. Bonnaroo impresses me more and more each year...I mean Tom Petty & Radiohead I thought was unbeatable, but now Tool, The Police, Widespread, and the White Stripes? God damn!

I'd love to make a trip...
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • PJ PookPJ Pook Posts: 109
    I thought the "official" lineup wasn't out till tomorrow?

I thought the same thing so I didn't even bothering checking the site today! There a bunch of of bands I would like to see playing it, Gov't Mule, Ben Harper, KOL, The White Stripes, Wlico, SCI. It's just finding people that want to go all the way there that's the problem for me.
  • Does anyone have the other lineup that leaked a while back? It'd be interesting to compare them. I thought I remembered seeing Ryan Adams, MMJ, a few others.

This lineup isn't bad, but I liked the first one better...well, it had PJ on it too. ;)
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Nice lineup.
    Go see The Avett Brothers!!
  • I have been alerted to some information that helps my conspiracy theory that this is a fake lineup. If you click on the picture I posted it says June 16-18. However, the real dates are June 14-17.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Does anyone have the other lineup that leaked a while back? It'd be interesting to compare them. I thought I remembered seeing Ryan Adams, MMJ, a few others.

This lineup isn't bad, but I liked the first one better...well, it had PJ on it too. ;)

This is the first leaked one:

Sources close to the Manchester Times have received confirmation that...
    The Police, Bob Dylan, and Pearl Jam have been confirmed to headline the 2007 Bonnaroo Music Festival.

The lineup also includes Tom Waits, Willie Nelson, Umphrey's McGee, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, The Black Crowes, Ryan Adams, My Morning Jacket, Arcade Fire, Keller Williams Band, Hot Chip, America, TV on the Radio, Fountains of Wayne, Modest Mouse, Les Claypool, The Shins, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Toots and the Maytals, The Roots, The Decemberists, Of Montreal, Cat Power, Ozomatli, Perpetual Groove, Band of Horses, John Butler Trio, Nickel Creek, Medeski Martin and Wood, Lily Allen, Neko Case, Keiren Hedben (Four Tet) & Steve Reid, The Hold Steady, Earl Scuggs, Charlie Louvin, Man Man, Grizzly Bear, Konono #1, The Slip, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Uncle Earl, Annuals, Beirut, M. Ward, Cold War Kids, and Girl Talk.
  • Thanks mwachsman. Yeah, I like that one better...Bob, Tom, & Willie? Now that would get me to Tennessee.
  • The White Stripes didn't break up, Jack White just made an album with a different band.

Goddamn people love to jump to conclusions like that. To add to that, Audioslave isn't breaking up because RATM plays one festival :rolleyes: :p

Anyway.. line up is pretty good. A few great bands. Coachella is better.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I hope this is true...now if they only add Mars Volta and the Drive By Truckers
  • Red Lukin wrote:
    I hope this is true...now if they only add Mars Volta and the Drive By Truckers
    And if Pearl Jam would stop dry humping europe and play for their southern fans :rolleyes:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • meh, i'm not making a trip based on that lineup
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Not bad, but I don't think I will be making the trip, and honestly this is the first and quite possibly last year where i might be able to do so.

Maybe Lolla will be worthwhile.

Although Maynard playing to the hippies, might just be worth the trip in and of itself.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Not bad, but I don't think I will be making the trip, and honestly this is the first and quite possibly last year where i might be able to do so.

Maybe Lolla will be worthwhile.
    I agree, if that's the lineup I'm not sure I'll go after all. Probably just hold out for Lolla and hope that's better.
  • The less you know, the more you believe.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    OFFICIAL list, from the Roo website (which is pretty much the first one from above, but does have some differences):

2007 BONNAROO ARTIST LINEUP:

The Police · Tool · Widespread Panic · The White Stripes · Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals · Wilco · The Flaming Lips · Manu Chao · The String Cheese Incident · Franz Ferdinand · Bob Weir & Ratdog · Damien Rice · Ween · Gov't Mule · Ziggy Marley · The Decemberists · Kings of Leon · Michael Franti & Spearhead · Wolfmother · Regina Spektor · The Black Keys · Galactic · DJ Shadow · Gillian Welch · Spoon · Keller Williams (WMD's) · Sasha & John Digweed · STS9 · Old Crow Medicine Show · The Hold Steady · North Mississippi Allstars · Fountains Of Wayne · Hot Tuna · Feist · Hot Chip · John Butler Trio · Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys · Aesop Rock · The Richard Thompson Band · Dierks Bentley · Xavier Rudd · Gogol Bordello · Junior Brown · Tortoise · T-Bone Burnett · Mavis Staples · Clutch · Cold War Kids · Dr. Dog · Paolo Nutini · Brazilian Girls · RX Bandits · The Nightwatchman · The Slip · Girl Talk · Railroad Earth · Martha Wainwright · Rodrigo y Gabriela · Annuals · Tea Leaf Green · Sam Roberts Band · Elvis Perkins in Dearland · Charlie Louvin · Sonya Kitchell · Mute Math · Apollo Sunshine · Uncle Earl · James Blood Ulmer · The National · The Little Ones · Black Angels · Ryan Shaw

Lewis Black & Friends · David Cross · Dave Attell

Ones in bold are bands that I will definitely try to see. I hope Ween has another late night set. Lots of bands I was introduced to in the last year are here, too, so I'm excited to see those groups. I couldn't care less about Tool, really, but it will be nice to see the Police in this environment. I don't think I'd pay exorbitant amounts to see them on their own, so this is a good alternative.

Tix start at ~200 and go on sale next Friday, the 23rd.

Be there!
  • for the lucky folks going....don't forget to check out Ratdog!!!!
    Peace,
  • It's weird though.. the "first" list that came out with bands still has some of those bands in the "actual" list that came out... is this a possibility that these other bands will be added? - Pearl Jam of course.. unless Pearl Jam makes a special appearance.. haha, but they'd definitely have to headline if they showed.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Nice looking lineup... and I must add AHHHH THE WHITE STRIPES!!! :eek: :D

Here's to more of them in 2007!
    :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    The Police and TOOL?!!? Hmm ... I like most of the bands Mule, WP, Ratdog but for me to make the drive I would like a better headliner..just my 2 cents...wish I lived closer!
  • Bonnaroo has done it again with such a great, ecletic lineup. last year was a blast and all we need this time around to make the greatest festival is a little My Morning Jacket.
  • Live White Stripes alone is worth the drive.

SCREWDRIVER!!!!