When does STP tour end...

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited April 2008 in Other Music
I'm going to say they don't even make it mid-way into July.

What do you think?

(I wish them the best...but it doesn't look good!)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yeah, hopefully atleast till june 4th as I picked up a ticket for the detroit show today
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Why do you say it doesn't look good? I think they make it through the tour and come out with a new album after that. I think they make it this time.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    They will "make it" through the tour and cut an album afterwards. There's no reason to believe they won't. The last cancelled STP tour was in 1996. Even when Scott (and reportedly Dean as well) was using and they were at eachother's throats in 2002, they didn't cancel any dates.

Let it go.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • in the past, touring has only not happened for 2 reasons:

1. scott's in rehab
    2. scott's in jail

he seems to be doing ok right now. even if he is using, he still looks healthy enough to tour. so i doubt anything will stop anytime soon.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Evensolo05Evensolo05 Posts: 118
    There seems to be quite a bit of Weiland bashing on this board. Give the guy a break. As others have mentioned he hasnt had a show cancelled in years
    no additives, preservatives, or artificial colouring
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    November - when it's scheduled to end.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    Evensolo05 wrote:
    There seems to be quite a bit of Weiland bashing on this board. Give the guy a break. As others have mentioned he hasnt had a show cancelled in years

I agree with the sentiment, but there was the San Diego VR show and subsequent Australian tour cancelled due to Scott's voluntary trip to rehab (for what seems like alcohol given his interviews and reported behavior prior). Also, his relationship with the VR guys could have contributed to those cancellations as well.
    It looks like to me he nipped a (re)growing problem in the bud this time around. Good for him. This will be a hell of a year for STP.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • yosi wrote:
    Why do you say it doesn't look good? I think they make it through the tour and come out with a new album after that. I think they make it this time.

this tour will be a walk in the park for scott, the album will be great, than he gets weird, I guess a complex over his new material,this is always his patern
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • hailhail82 wrote:
    They will "make it" through the tour and cut an album afterwards. There's no reason to believe they won't. The last cancelled STP tour was in 1996. Even when Scott (and reportedly Dean as well) was using and they were at eachother's throats in 2002, they didn't cancel any dates.

Let it go.

hmm, so the deleos use, I never new that.

no more shows
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    this tour will be a walk in the park for scott, the album will be great, than he gets weird, I guess a complex over his new material,this is always his patern
    Yup, sounds about right.
    What the fuck is this world?
    hmm, so the deleos use, I never new that.

Don't know how much Rob ever did, but Dean definitely used. But, I read an article somewhere that he has now been clean for something like 4 or 5 years.

I think that they at least make it through this tour, and new album and another tour. Hard to say after that.
  • yosi wrote:
    Don't know how much Rob ever did, but Dean definitely used. But, I read an article somewhere that he has now been clean for something like 4 or 5 years.

I think that they at least make it through this tour, and new album and another tour. Hard to say after that.
    honestly i am really looking foward to a new album from them, their music is always well wrote, edgey, melodic,

fucking super creative.
    never cheesey.
    even sour girl is a great song.

no more shows
  • Murderers wrote:
    Yup, sounds about right.
    whats your fav stp album

i like 4
    but shang is their best in my opinion

no more shows
    whats your fav stp album

i like 4
    but shang is their best in my opinion
    Core or Purple.
    honestly i am really looking foward to a new album from them, their music is always well wrote, edgey, melodic,

fucking super creative.
    never cheesey.
    even sour girl is a great song.

Hell yes. I totally agree. I think they have one cheesy song in 5 albums. Song for Sleeping and thats it.

I personally cannot wait for new music from the Deleos. I love 'em. I think pretty much everything they write is pure gold.

Tiny Music is definitely my favorite, but I also love SLDD, and all the rest of course. STP was my first love.
    People seen this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=JrxZtzXtg6w

Scott at his absolute best.
  • Murderers wrote:
    People seen this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=JrxZtzXtg6w

Scott at his absolute best.
    yes ive seen this, its good
    they did this on stern a few times too.

anyone here ever listen to talk show

no more shows