Options

Burning the VFC DVD for others?

RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,614
edited November 2008 in The Porch
I assume this is ok to do, since it is not something that is for sale anywhere (and if it was there plenty of us who would gladly buy it, so it's certainly not us the fans fault) but is anyone who won the dvd for screenings willing to burn some copies for fans who do B&Ps? Maybe this has been discussed, but I have not seen it yet. Thanks.
words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    torrent that bitch!
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    torrent that bitch!

ditto!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,031
    why , come tuesday it's available for download from 10c isn't it?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    mickeyrat wrote:
    why , come tuesday it's available for download from 10c isn't it?

in DVD quality?
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    It wa sshot with Super 8 film. I ask you , do you know of any movies shot super 8 that are "DVD" quality?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    in DVD quality?

Exactly. As nice as it is to watch this thing on computers, there are only 50 copies of it in DVD quality picture and sound, and I hoping some kind folks will be willing to share it with the rest of us.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mickeyrat wrote:
    It wa sshot with Super 8 film. I ask you , do you know of any movies shot super 8 that are "DVD" quality?

Super 8 is much higher resolution than shitty streaming. So I'd much rather have this in the highest quality available.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Okie Doke. Then the only thing I could say would be . Patience.There could also be some restrictions placed on the winners reguarding this.We won't know until/unless one of the lucky few tells us.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,175
    torrent that bitch!

Baby, I like your style! :)
  • Options
    I'm not telling you what to do.. but at the beginning of the DVD doesn't it say not to make copies?
    I don't understand why they wouldn't want you to though
  • Options
    I'm not telling you what to do.. but at the beginning of the DVD doesn't it say not to make copies?
    I don't understand why they wouldn't want you to though

Does that mean you have a copy of the DVD and have seen that message? I just wondered, because in terms of the bootlegs, Pearl Jam has made it clear that you are allowed to share bootlegs that are no longer available for purchase. So my thought is, this movie is and will not be made available for purchase, so why can't we share it with each other?

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    Does that mean you have a copy of the DVD and have seen that message? I just wondered, because in terms of the bootlegs, Pearl Jam has made it clear that you are allowed to share bootlegs that are no longer available for purchase. So my thought is, this movie is and will not be made available for purchase, so why can't we share it with each other?
    They've never really supported video bootlegs though...
  • Options
    RiotAct10 wrote:

Yeah, I was one of the winners, so I do have a copy and have seen it.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Has anyone emailed 10c and asked? I'd love to watch this on dvd on my tv and not on my computer. :) I would assume that they would answer this question if asked. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    torrent the dvd, you pussies! :)
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    This contest is the first contest I've won ever. The DVD does say NOT to burn it so I'm not gonna help out.

By the way, the quality difference between the DL and the DVD is non-existent.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    The DVD does say NOT to burn it so I'm not gonna help out.

Maybe they meant not to set it on fire...you know...greenhouse gases and all that stuff.
    :)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    Maybe they meant not to set it on fire...you know...greenhouse gases and all that stuff.
    :)

You're funnny. But seriously, the DVD is a burnt copy from a computer with a sticker on it as a label. The DVD and the goodies that came with it are low-budget as well, although freaking awesome. The freaking film was shot on Super 8. Tuesday, when the full movie is available online, you can download it, put it on a DVD and watch the same thing us winners are watching. The only difference is we got ours early and with a few extras.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    You're funnny. But seriously, the DVD is a burnt copy from a computer with a sticker on it as a label. The DVD and the goodies that came with it are low-budget as well, although freaking awesome. The freaking film was shot on Super 8. Tuesday, when the full movie is available online, you can download it, put it on a DVD and watch the same thing us winners are watching. The only difference is we got ours early and with a few extras.
    I agree, but some of us can't burn dvd's. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    i was watching it on a dvd a while ago :)
  • Options
    muiren77muiren77 Posts: 3,511

REALLY? I WOULD LOVE TO BURN A COPY...
    what is essential is invisible to the eye

apparently, 07162056 is THE date...
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    I too would love a copy, but I'm wondering, what were the goodies??
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options

absolutely.

from the get-go i was thinking of burning copies for all who show up to our little screening, until i say the message from the film-makers at the start of the DVD. they clearly ask, quite nicely, NOT to burn copies...saying how it is one of only 60 discs they personally burned, handmade artwork, etc. it is obvious that the artwork on the disc is done by them, even on the case....can tell it's spray-painted. even the poster, signed and #ed by them both....even the little note enclosed, signed. it really is well-done and sweet, seemed a real labor of love. this is all from the filmmakers, not 10c and certainly not some huge film studio. i really appreciate the efforts they made, so i definitely plan to respect their wishes :) i look forward to watching it in it's entirety for the first time this evening...i just tried out the disc when it arrived to make sure it was a-ok. :D

edit:
    'goodies'....a tshirt and a poster.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
  • Options
    absolutely.

from the get-go i was thinking of burning copies for all who show up to our little screening, until i say the message from the film-makers at the start of the DVD. they clearly ask, quite nicely, NOT to burn copies...saying how it is one of only 60 discs they personally burned, handmade artwork, etc. it is obvious that the artwork on the disc is done by them, even on the case....can tell it's spray-painted. even the poster, signed and #ed by them both....even the little note enclosed, signed. it really is well-done and sweet, seemed a real labor of love. this is all from the filmmakers, not 10c and certainly not some huge film studio. i really appreciate the efforts they made, so i definitely plan to respect their wishes :) i look forward to watching it in it's entirety for the first time this evening...i just tried out the disc when it arrived to make sure it was a-ok. :D

edit:
    'goodies'....a tshirt and a poster.

When did you get your package? I still haven't gotten mine and I got a whole theatre rented out tonight!
  • Options
    Well, thanks to those of you who filled us in on the 'please do not copy' message and what not. Obviously when I started this post I did not know any of that, or that the quality is not that much better.

I do hope that we are able to download the video of pearljam.com, and hopefully I can find a way to burn my own dvd sometime. It would just be nice to watch it on a bigger screen and not only be able to watch it when I am on a computer or on the internet.

• Options
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    Well, thanks to those of you who filled us in on the 'please do not copy' message and what not. Obviously when I started this post I did not know any of that, or that the quality is not that much better.

I do hope that we are able to download the video of pearljam.com, and hopefully I can find a way to burn my own dvd sometime. It would just be nice to watch it on a bigger screen and not only be able to watch it when I am on a computer or on the internet.

Don't worry, I'll make sure you have a copy.
  • Options
    When did you get your package? I still haven't gotten mine and I got a whole theatre rented out tonight!

:eek:
    YIKES!
    really?

i got mine on friday, arrived seperately from our regular mail. it's a long, narrow box.

i truly HOPE your pacakage is awaiting you today when you get home from work! and i hope a decent # of people show up to our screening. :o i think most are attending the NYC screening, and completely understandable...so i hope those who said they wanted the local do show. all set up for it, just need the people, the BYOBs and to order some pizzas! :p

and riotact...completely understand. as i said, i was immediately thinking of making copies to share with all attendees b/c it's so easy/inexpensive to burn discs, but the filmmaker's message made it clear they'd really appreciate it if we didn't. so of course no one would've known that until viewing. perhaps they'll offer em for sale at a later date? or can't they be burned from the computer? idk.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,175

Sweet! So wanted one of those VFC goodies sets.
    Know I would host a party like no other.
    But my ass is in Canada!
    D'OH! :(