Particle

MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
edited November 2006 in Other Music
I know this is a Pearl Jam forum, so many of you won't be turned on by this. Aside from PJ, I'm into a lot of jam stuff. Some of the newer "trance fusion" jam like The Disco Biscuits and Particle out there are pretty sick.

Anywho, i was walking through Tower records recently and came across a Particle live DVD called "Particle: Transformations Live" I looked at the back cover to see that in this show they collaborate with Joe Satriani, Robby Krieger from the Doors, rapper Blackalicious, and DJ Logic. Considering it was only $15, i bought it and took it home.

WOW... in addition to Particle's talent, the band covers "LA Woman" with Krieger on guitar. Satriani comes out for the particle song "W" and tears it up with Particle's lead guitarist Scott Metzger. The 2 "battle" together as they solo, and suprisingly Metzger keeps up pretty well.

The highlight of the DVD was the encore, with Satriani, Krieger, DJ Logic, and Blackalicious coming out and doing a hell of a jam on Stevie Wonder's "Superstition". The jam includes Satriani, Krieger, and Combe and Metzger of Particle all soloing individualy, trading licks, and rockin' out at the same time.

If you're looking to expand your musical horizons, (and especially if you play guitar/keys), I'd pick up this DVD in a heartbeat.
Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i've saw them live a few years ago. very good band live.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton