Kurt & Eddie

tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
edited August 2008 in Other Music
I'm fan of kurt & Eddie songwriting, If Kurt were still alive and decide to cover a PJ song wich song do you'd like to hear from him and viceversa.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I think Kurt could do a cool version of Of The Girl...I dunno why exactly, but I can picture that.

Eddie could do School
  • digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
    Saturnal wrote:
    I think Kurt could do a cool version of Of The Girl...I dunno why exactly, but I can picture that.

Eddie could do School

Certainly I could see Kurt doing Of The Girl, good pick. Coincidentally, considering the subject matter, I could definetely see Kurt's voice pulling off Immortality. What song Eddie could do is tougher; he's certainly a more technicially proficient singer, but to me Nirvana's songs are written so specifically and uniquely for that specific voice that I think covers of Nirvana are difficult to do. I feel like if Eddie sang any Nirvana songs, it'd sound like he was undersinging it. That being said, I could see Eddie doing an acoustic version of About A Girl.
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    I personally don't see Nirvana being together if Kurt were still alive. They would more than likely be like STP and do reunion tours to support Kurts drug addiction. I would like to see Kurt sing "Jeremy" though.
  • digsterdigster Posts: 1,293
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    I personally don't see Nirvana being together if Kurt were still alive. They would more than likely be like STP and do reunion tours to support Kurts drug addiction. I would like to see Kurt sing "Jeremy" though.

I don't think Nirvana would still be together, either, but they're miles beyond STP...I think Kurt would still be doing incredible, engaging work, as he did with his former band. I would love to see have seen what became of the album he prepared to produce with Michael Stipe. Apparently it was to be a much more acoustic, somber album, in the vein of Automatic for the People.
  • I love both
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • Jellyrolls wrote:

Each to their own. However to say Kurt would still be on drugs today is a little disrespectful. Yes he had major problems, which eventually consumed him, but please do not categorize him with that band, although I like some of that bands songs. You are probably right in saying Nirvana would not still be together, but, Kurt was special IMHO and would most certainly have collaborated with Eddie on a regular basis by now if he were still here. For all his faults he lived for making music. Peace.
    Phoney Beatle mania has bitten the dust...
  • I would have loved to have heard Nirvana do "Blood" and Pearl Jam do "Drain You"...
    "All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives"--Ed
  • Leash.
    Drifting away..........
  • kurt could probably do a heavier version of animal.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,855
    tonadax wrote:
    I'm fan of kurt & Eddie songwriting, If Kurt were still alive and decide to cover a PJ song wich song do you'd like to hear from him and viceversa.......

I can see Kurt doing Off He Goes. I think his vocal would sound sort of like Pennyroyal Tea from unplugged.

Eddie's a bit tougher to decide for. Maybe Polly? I'm thinking it would a slow one. Something In The Way would be super depressing with Ed's baritone voice. As for faster songs, maybe Very Ape?

edit: Cool idea for a thread by the way. I'm not usually one for hypotheticals but as a big fan of both PJ and Nirvana, it's definitely an interesting thing to think about.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i want to hear kurt do lukin.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    cool thread...

i'd like to hear Eddie do....School
    i'd like to hear Kurt do...toss up between....Light Years and Red Mosquito
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • I could see eddie doing the song Opinion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSunLRu9T8Q
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    Kurt could does many punk oriented songs of the last 4 Pj albums and Brain of J. would be a good choice.

I would like to hear ed singing Polly.....
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    Ed doing "something in the way" ( is that the official name , it's been so long!)
    Kurt doing "Blood"
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Ed doing "something in the way" ( is that the official name , it's been so long!)
    Kurt doing "Blood"

i totally agree with what you said.