Fav' post grunge band?

tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Pick your fav:
Bush, Silverchair, Puddle of mudd, Staind, The vines, Godsmack, Alter bridge, Creed?, Machtbox twenty, Zwan......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Is none of the above an appropriate answer? :)
    http://www.myspace.com/sigepnader

History is the polemics of the victor...

LETS GO CARDINALS!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    probably wilco, maybe spoon, maybe the arctic monkeys, maybe supergrass
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    tonadax wrote:
    Pick your fav:
    Bush, Silverchair, Puddle of mudd, Staind, The vines, Godsmack, Alter bridge, Creed?, Machtbox twenty, Zwan......

Creed made the list :mad: ....but no Nickleback!!! :p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Alter Bridge. As musicians they are head and shoulders above the rest on that list.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Does Audioslave count? That'd be my pick.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Matchbox Twenty are a really talented band, friend dragged me to Third Eye Blind concert and have been a fan ever since. + QOSTA and Incubus
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    QOTSA or

AT THE DRIVE-IN
  • Queens of the Stone Age
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • hmmm....

if you're talking about the post grunge sound/genre I'd go with the Foo Fighters....although I'm not a big fan of the post grunge genre

if you're talking about bands that have formed after the decline of grunge, then I would go with Sleater-Kinney
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Smile Empty Soul used to resonate with me circa 2003. Whatever happened to them?
  • Incubus
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    hmmm....

if you're talking about the post grunge sound/genre I'd go with the Foo Fighters....although I'm not a big fan of the post grunge genre

Agree.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Not sure exactly what post grunge means but from that list, I hate most but I do love The Vines
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    From the first list...i'd pick Bush, Sixteen Stone was a very good cd. Its a shame that later albums couldn't be as good as it.
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    Post-grunge, I'm guessing, are retreads to an era that long past them and they were too stupid to realize it.

My answer is none of them.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • What the fuck is Post Grunge?

If you mean a band that happened AFTER grunge, then i am going with A PERFECT CIRCLE

easily. hands down. end of.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Is none of the above an appropriate answer? :)

It's actually the correct answer :D

This is what the post-grunge sound really was IMO. era between 94-97

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra0ZDlo_jnE
    NERDS!
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Collective Soul. Post-grunge is considered stuff like Bush, Silverchair, Seven Mary Three.

Just check out Cumbersome, Everything Zen, and Shine from those bands and you'll get the sound.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Matchbox 20, Silverchair, & Wilco!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • basically post grunge is the "I Wish I were Eddie Vedder" club.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    The Toadies & Foo fighters for me.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Its between Silverchair and Bush
  • robfest2robfest2 Posts: 594
    The Hold Steady