Yield, Binaural or Riot act.....

tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
edited August 2006 in Other Music
3 diferents albums in term of concept, musical textures, arregement, which one its you favorite and why?

for me, i choice Yield because Pj retake their early days rock form, you see a more agressive vedder, more mature songwriting, and it was a record were almost all the songs are good ones.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JSP552003JSP552003 Posts: 222
    hmm....on a different day i'd probably pick a different one....but today feels like 'yield'.....why? because we like you...
  • Binaural is where it is for me. Riot Act was too soft and uninspired, and Yield isn't exactly my favorite when it comes to the songwriting. But almost everything in Binaural has me.
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i'll go with yield. i'm not a fan of riot act. and binaural for me has it's moments. ie thin air and of the girl.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
    i'd go with riot act, i don't actually own binaural.
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
  • i'll take Binaural. first of all it was the first new PJ cd that came out after i started really listening to them. so i bought it the first day it came out. at first i didn't love it, but it has grown on me. i really enjoy the binaural recording techniques used by tchad blake (i know i'm one of the only ones). i think it's great for a veteran band like PJ to change things up and keep people guessing. because of that recording technique, binaural has a completely unique sound and vibe to it. while i really don't love the tracklisting or sequence of songs, there are still some of PJ's greatest mellow songs on binaural. light years, nothing as it seems, thin air, of the girl, sleight of hand, and parting ways are some of my absolute favorite PJ songs. they all share a certain emotional depth and almost haunting sound, some of which is due to the binaural production.

...and grievance kicks ass

so anyway...yeah, i'll take binaural. i think it might be PJ's most unique and different album they've ever crafted aside from maybe No Code. which is my favorite PJ cd. so yeah...binaural is up there
  • All 3 good albums, but ill say Binarual I love this album.
  • Yield for me. it's just so cohesive and has such strong songs. you just can't top faithful or given to fly.
  • E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    Great albums all 3..I think I`ll have to go with Binaural today..tomorrow maybe Yield..or riot act..But Binaural has some great songs like parting ways,nothing as it seems and light years
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
  • I would have to say Yield for me. Very good album with some great songs like; Brian of J, Faithful, All those yesterdays and so on. Binaural and Riot Act just aren't up to par but wonderful albums anyways with some great songs also, they just don't gel together like the songs on Yield.
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Yield Slays/Owns/ is the tits/ is whatever other trendy saying you want to throw in there, but it is the best of these three.

The album to me is consistant and captures a great theme and wonderful lyrics and songwriting.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Riot Act. Every day that album keeps getting better and better. I love it to death. After that I'd say Binaural, and then Yield. But all three all amazing albums.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    intodeep wrote:
    Yield Slays/Owns/ is the tits/ is whatever other trendy saying you want to throw in there, but it is the best of these three.

The album to me is consistant and captures a great theme and wonderful lyrics and songwriting.

i agree, d.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    ummm...hmmm....let me see.......... uh....... YIELD OBVIOUSLY!!!!!
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • tonestones Posts: 104
    Riot Act is my fav PJ album right now.
    "Your light's reflected now,... reflected from afar...
    We were but stones,... your light made us stars"
  • I'd choose Yield because i love the lyrics.. introspective.. philosophy references.. gorgeous. perfect record.

I love binaural and riot act though, and on the right day both are my favorite record by anyone.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    Binaural - I love the dark, warm feel of the album. The production is often slagged by most Pearl Jam fans but I think it goes with the theme of the album. And its one of the best albums by anyone to listen with headphones.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • viggs20 wrote:
    Binaural - I love the dark, warm feel of the album. The production is often slagged by most Pearl Jam fans but I think it goes with the theme of the album. And its one of the best albums by anyone to listen with headphones.

Binaural. didn't get this album right off the bat. it should be played with headphones or on a decent stereo turned up fairly loud. but WOW on the quality of songs on this one. the other two are excellent as are all pearl jam albums. but like viggs20 said, i love the darkness coming from each song writer on this one. this album is filled with classics.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i can't pick only one, i love them all.