Core vs Purple

tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
edited November 2006 in Other Music
im a huge fan of all STP albums and for me this ones are their best... 2 greats albums, wich one is your fav, and why....

personally i think core was a strong, good first album, and sometimes raw, has great songs like wicked garden, plush, creep, crackerman, dead y bloated, etx...

my fav is purple, an amazing classic album, more diverse and every song is brilliant here , from meatplow, big empty, vasoline, interstate love song, unglued to army ants... great melodic riffs and good voice perfomances...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Definitley Purple, that is one of the better albums I've ever heard. Core is actually probably my least favorite STP album.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Definitley Purple, that is one of the better albums I've ever heard. Core is actually probably my least favorite STP album.

Really? I thought their last one was fucking awful.

I would go with Purple just for the diversity, both great albums though. I'm a big fan of Tiny music... too, very underrated.
  • Tiny Music is my fave, purple is a close second though.
    "It's all happening"
  • I personally can't decide between the two, it depends on my mood.

But how come no one ever talks about No.4....I like that one.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • I love STP , they're one of my favorite bands

Core is definitely my fav from them, it just reminds me of when i was a little kid so much, and it rocks out so hard!!!. Plus it was the first piece of music ive ever owned
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Purple is my favorite although i always think of STP now as a singles band. their records were never really THAT good. always good radio-friendly singles. their Thank You record is the only thing you really need in my opinion.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    The hidden track at the end of Purple is priceless. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    DOSW wrote:
    The hidden track at the end of Purple is priceless. :D

I seriously dig that song.
  • Purple.

No. 4 is me fav of them all however
    No one is Righteous.......
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Purple.........possibly my fave of their lot.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • shangri-la dee da is my favorite stp album
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • core
  • 2 great albums, but id give the edge to purple. Scott Weiland is one of the best live performers you'll ever see.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    In my eyes Purple is their best hands down. It's their most solid album from beginning to end. I'd put it in my top 20, probably 10 ten best albums of the 90's. After Purple I was mostly disappointed in their albums. I never got to see them play live though and wish I had.
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    Purple hands down. But Core is a close second as far as STP albums go. Tiny Music just doesn't do anything for me.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Pruple by far, I think Core is the worst of the 5 STP records, while it does have some good songs it's like TOOL's Undertow, decent record but not nearly as good as anything else the band did, although the last STP cd was kind of weak I still like it better than Core.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Purple is definately the best, but No. 4 is a close second. I mean, "Glide" is fucking beautiful!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • daanartsdaanarts Posts: 130
    gabers wrote:
    In my eyes Purple is their best hands down. It's their most solid album from beginning to end. I'd put it in my top 20, probably 10 ten best albums of the 90's. After Purple I was mostly disappointed in their albums. I never got to see them play live though and wish I had.
    my thoughts exactly
    I change by not changing at all.
  • r2g2r2g2 Posts: 66
    My order of appreciation
    Purple
    No. 4
    Core
    Shangra
    Tiny Music

Tiny Music is not my thing.
    I said Yeaaaaaaah!
  • Purple all the way!
    Surrendered, Executed Anyhow.
    He Who Forgets will be Destined to Remember.