Audioslave or velvet revolver

tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
edited July 2006 in Other Music
i don´t know why i´m asking this, Audioslave it´s far better than VR, if we compare the first album of those bands, audioslave wins, but the only doubt i have it´s between Tom morello and Slash.....

they have play great riffs , i respect wa wa guitar sound of mr. Morello , but Slash make better solos ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Both great bands. Cornell and Weiland 2 of the best singers going. But VR is the better band i mean Slash rules, also Scotts a much better performer.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    tonadax wrote:
    i don´t know why i´m asking this, Audioslave it´s far better than VR, if we compare the first album of those bands, audioslave wins, but the only doubt i have it´s between Tom morello and Slash.....

they have play great riffs , i respect wa wa guitar sound of mr. Morello , but Slash make better solos ....

Wouldn't compare Audioslave with VR but.... Slash wins vs Morello!!! :D:D

Yay Slash!! :D:D
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    man this is tough.....I mean Cornell and Weiland are two of my favorite vocalists and Morello and Slash are two of my favorite guitarists.....I guess we'll have to see what VR's new stuff sounds like.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • eclecticeclectic Posts: 244
    tonadax wrote:

I prefer Audioslave musically,by a country mile.The only argument in VR's favour is that technically Slash is better.Although I would say that he is at the same time pretty formulaic,whereas if you asked who is the most innovative guitarist then Morello wins hands down(over most guitarists).I think that is why he is highly respected/regarded,and conversely a lot of purists hate him for it.
    'All the rusted signs,we ignore throughout our lives,
    Choosing the shiny ones instead'

Reading 06 - Torino 06 - Wembley 07
  • Im partial to VR mainly because because Scotts voice still sounds as great as ever.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Audioslave by a country mile. They have Tim Commerford.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Save MeSave Me Posts: 147
    Comparing just the first albums for each, I'd go with VR. They had more consistently good songs on their first album for me. Audio had a couple of great songs on theirs but I didn't like the album overall. Like them both though.
    "The Wild is chasing after me. Hot on my trail won't leave me alone. All I can see is your blood right in front of me, and I can't kill The Wild." Me
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Hmmm... I find both of them usually enjoyable, but I would give Audioslave the edge. They just have more power in a lot of their songs. Contraband was pretty good, but it only has one really good song (Big Machine).
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Not a big fan of either band. I'm gonna go with VR only cause Scott is from my favorite STP and is an awesome front man. Personally I wish that both lead singers would just hook up again with their previous bands. Or at least do something solo.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    I'll take Velvet Revolver anyday over Audioslave.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    I'll go with Audioslave. Never really liked Weiland all that much, so that's why I choose Audioslave.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    neither!!!!!!!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    yosi wrote:
    Personally I wish that both lead singers would just hook up again with their previous bands. Or at least do something solo.

I hope they don't re-connect with their old bands....because I don't want PJ to lose Matt Cameron.

Also, I really respect both singers for NOT pursing solo careers. It's highly respectable to start another band, rather than soak in the glory of a solo project (which both attempted and bombed).
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Milestone wrote:
    I hope they don't re-connect with their old bands....because I don't want PJ to lose Matt Cameron.

Also, I really respect both singers for NOT pursing solo careers. It's highly respectable to start another band, rather than soak in the glory of a solo project (which both attempted and bombed).

Well, to be fair, both Cornell and Weiland have only put out one solo album so far, and both are recording their follow-ups, so we'll see what happens... I personally love VR, Audioslave, Soundgarden, STP, and Cornell's and Weiland's solo stuff...

EDIT:
    And I should probably point out that between Audioslave and VR, VR were by far the better live act. I saw both of them touring their first albums, and VR just had so much more energy, and weren't afraid to dip into their old bands for some good tunes, whereas Audioslave played a very short show to avoid playing their old stuff. Plus, I was like THIS CLOSE (gestures frantically) to Duff...:D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Not sure yet. Audioslave's second album kinda blew. If I could choose one to see live or grab one for a long car ride I'd probably go V.R. because Slash can make even the lamest songs sound cool.
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Well, to be fair, both Cornell and Weiland have only put out one solo album so far, and both are recording their follow-ups, so we'll see what happens... I personally love VR, Audioslave, Soundgarden, STP, and Cornell's and Weiland's solo stuff...

EDIT:
    And I should probably point out that between Audioslave and VR, VR were by far the better live act. I saw both of them touring their first albums, and VR just had so much more energy, and weren't afraid to dip into their old bands for some good tunes, whereas Audioslave played a very short show to avoid playing their old stuff. Plus, I was like THIS CLOSE (gestures frantically) to Duff...:D

I've seen both bands a few times each, and Audioslave definitely got better performance-wise on their last tour, Cornell was far more animated than he was earlier on - hell, he jumped down to the barrier and kind of fake head butted me at one show!. Weiland is a great performer, and when I saw him with STP he was amazing, but in VR he seems so intent on belting it around the stage that he often doesn't have the breath to sing properly and hold all the notes. Album wise, I think VR certainly have some way to go, Contraband did have some really good stuff on it, but there were a fair few filler songs. So for me it's Audioslave all the way at the moment.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    i loved stone temple pilots and all their albums, but i don´t like the change in scott weiland as a singer, i liked the weiland vocal-performer sound in STP, in Vr he seems like fuckin glam rock singer..........

Chris cornell has kept his style,poetry and loyalty to his fans.........
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    tonadax wrote:
    i loved stone temple pilots and all their albums, but i don´t like the change in scott weiland as a singer, i liked the weiland vocal-performer sound in STP, in Vr he seems like fuckin glam rock singer..........

Chris cornell has kept his style,poetry and loyalty to his fans.........

Word.

And to Milestone - I hear you about Matt Cameron. I wouldn't want to give him up either ;). And I guess with that being said, maybe I don't want SG to get back together. However, I desperately would love for Scott to ditch VR and for STP to get back together.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • jaygreen12jaygreen12 Posts: 166
    I like both equally. I've seen both bands live and both put on amazing shows.
    6/03/06-East Rutherford II

The One and Only
  • I love gnr and that means of course...I love Slash (and Duff). BUT VR sucks!! and for ONE reason: Scott!!!!

he fuckin sucks a dick at writing songs...almost half that album sounds the same and the lyrics sound like they were written in 3 days.

However, I don't have any of the Audioslave albums...not a big fan; so I can't compare. I just wanted to say, I'm not a big VR fan even though GNR (and every member that's ever been in the band) have and will be my favorite for as long as i live.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Hard to compare the two really but I guess VR just edges it. I mean they have Weiland and Slash and Duff :D:D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
    eclectic wrote:
    I prefer Audioslave musically,by a country mile.The only argument in VR's favour is that technically Slash is better.Although I would say that he is at the same time pretty formulaic,whereas if you asked who is the most innovative guitarist then Morello wins hands down(over most guitarists).I think that is why he is highly respected/regarded,and conversely a lot of purists hate him for it.
    the thing with Morello is YES he creates some wicked out there solos BUT his riffs all sound the same
    Cornell pwns u
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    i like both bands, and If you compare cornell with weiland you will noticed that cornell always has been better singer than weiland, and weiland is more charismatic and better stage performer than cornell....

when mr.cornell used to sing songs like say hello to heaven, the noose, or fell on black days it wasn´t to easy for many singers to sing like that....

by the way i wanna hear one of guys of SUPERNOVA sing one of these songs..... for watch........