Cornell, Plant...

tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
edited May 2007 in Other Music
sorry for my ignorance but robert plant have ever talked about chris cornell ´´lyrics, music, voice,image, etx´´, and when or where he did it......

they are two people who i always have admired...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    I don't recall hearing Plant comment all that much on current singers. I read an article where he blasted Steven Tyler for making cheesy love songs, but other than that, he's pretty low key on his thoughts.
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    you know, they are both playing at a festival in Greece: http://www.audioslaved.com/article704.html

I hope they do a song together!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    he is going to open for R. Plant?
  • so02seeso02see Posts: 238
    tonadax wrote:
    sorry for my ignorance but robert plant have ever talked about chris cornell ´´lyrics, music, voice,image, etx´´, and when or where he did it......

they are two people who i always have admired...

Yes this happened around the time that Loud Love was creaping onto rare rock shows. Anyone remember Raw Power hosted by Tommy Vance or Krusher in the UK. Robert was promoting his latest solo recording and I can picture him sitting outside on a wall saying he didn't have much time for any music of the time except maybe for this new US band "Soundgarden" with an amazing singer. I wasnt old enough to own a video player of my own so no tapes of this but if someone has it i'd love to see it again.

To reverse the question, I was at Audioslave June 05 in Wolverhampton when Chris reminisced about playing there with Soundgarden 1992 when he saw Robert and his daughter walking down the isle towards the stage, he said all he saw was this "mopp mopp mopp" Chris bobbing his head as doing an impression of Robert's hair, and it made him realy nervous. (I was there too)
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    does PLANT have anything left of his voice ?? i mean he must just sing mellow tunes ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • so02seeso02see Posts: 238
    does PLANT have anything left of his voice ?? i mean he must just sing mellow tunes ......

Not in my opinion, I have freinds who still go to his gigs but he has toned down alot, sticking to folksey stuff. Last time I saw him it was embarrasing to see him try to reach some notes. There were a few times I thought Chris Cornell was going to go the same way. Glad he proved me wrong at the Astoria last Wednesday.
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    so02see wrote:
    Not in my opinion, I have freinds who still go to his gigs but he has toned down alot, sticking to folksey stuff. Last time I saw him it was embarrasing to see him try to reach some notes. There were a few times I thought Chris Cornell was going to go the same way. Glad he proved me wrong at the Astoria last Wednesday.

yeah that is what i thought never saw him solo did with the complete ZEPP so i could never bring myself to go and see him these days like you said i cringe when he tries to reach for those notes that used to come to him with ease :(......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    so02see wrote:
    Yes this happened around the time that Loud Love was creaping onto rare rock shows. Anyone remember Raw Power hosted by Tommy Vance or Krusher in the UK. Robert was promoting his latest solo recording and I can picture him sitting outside on a wall saying he didn't have much time for any music of the time except maybe for this new US band "Soundgarden" with an amazing singer. I wasnt old enough to own a video player of my own so no tapes of this but if someone has it i'd love to see it again.

To reverse the question, I was at Audioslave June 05 in Wolverhampton when Chris reminisced about playing there with Soundgarden 1992 when he saw Robert and his daughter walking down the isle towards the stage, he said all he saw was this "mopp mopp mopp" Chris bobbing his head as doing an impression of Robert's hair, and it made him realy nervous. (I was there too)

pretty cool stories, thanks for sharing
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky