Who are the next great ROCK (alternative,pop etc) band in the U.S, today?

tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Nirvana seemed to be the last of the great rock bands & Kurt one of, if not the last great Rock icon...am I wrong? Yes, 13+ yrs. ago. Pearl Jam is close. One could say these days that U2 are big...but of course they came before Nirvana & didn't shake the Billboards and rock in the same way, since.
Also, just in case you were wondering my favorite band is PJ. If you kids out there want to get angry at me, and tell me how much you love your Green Days, Offspring, Coldplay etc. then go right ahead and do it. But I think you & I will both agree they are not going to change the world the same way The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Stooges, The Clash, Led Zeppelin etc. did, are they?

Okay, that's it. Now, I'm not interested in arguing back & forth w/ people, just give your thoughts on the question. And if you still want to argue, well then so be it....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NEXT? I haven't got a clue...
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Who cares who will be crowned the next great band, just enjoy the music that is out there.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I hate to be negative but I dont think there ever will be one
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • I hate to be negative but I dont think there ever will be one

That's what I'm thinking.... there hasn't been a great rock movement since Seattle.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    That's what I'm thinking.... there hasn't been a great rock movement since Seattle.

I think we are getting to the point where everything has been done before basically
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • I think we are getting to the point where everything has been done before basically

Yup

• mammasan wrote:
    Who cares who will be crowned the next great band, just enjoy the music that is out there.
    x2
  • PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    Nickelback... hands down.

I kid, I kid.
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I think there will be another great band sooner or later. I'm sure people in the 70s thouht there would never be another great band too. We just have to be patient. For me there will never be another Pearl Jam but there will be great bands.