Cochise

tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
edited December 2007 in Other Music
i'm still in love with this song, it's like an ode to Led Zeppelin, in fact i consider Cochise as the best hard rock song of this decade.....

what do you think? any others
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tonadax wrote:
    i'm still in love with this song, it's like an ode to Led Zeppelin, in fact i consider Cochise as the best hard rock song of this decade.....

You said "Comatose", right?
    :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • The first Audioslave album was the only really good one, imo..

:eek:
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    meh. take it or leave it.
  • tonadax wrote:

It was one hell of an entrance for the band. I'll give it that much.
  • hmm...I don't think anyone has topped Tool's Lateralus yet this decade. Can't wait to see who does tho.
  • Meh... not THAT good
  • SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    I like the bridge
  • Show Me How To Live
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    lowlight10 wrote:
    Show Me How To Live
    boooooooo
  • Awesome song, they sometimes play it in one of the local rock clubs I go to, and it sounds absolutely HUGE coming out of the loud speakers. The place always goes nuts for it too.
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Great song from a mediocre band.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Cochise -- Show Me How to Live -- Like A Stone --

the best Cornell has done since the Superunknown album.
  • Good song? yes...best hard rock song of this decade?...have to disagree.
    "No need to be void,...or save up on life...You got to spend it all....."
  • tonadax wrote:

Cochise does kick ass, but best of the decade? Dude smoke some more bud. It's not even the best hard rock song on that album. "Show Me How To Live", "Set It Off" and "Gasoline" are all better hard rock songs in my opinion.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    This song gave me so much hope for Audioslave. That was quickly shattered.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    I think Show Me How To Live is much harder and possibly a better song. Depends what mood I'm in to decide what song is better. Right now, I'm in a Show Me How To Live mood. Tomorrow maybe I'll be in a Cochise mood.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.