Cornell marketing move...

tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
edited February 2007 in Other Music
c´mon guys maybe two of the reasons for cornell joined audioslave were:
earn more money ´ now he´s 10x richer´ and GET THE ATTENTION of people for buy/listen his next and promising solo album...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Look, I love Chris Cornell as much as anyone, but these threads are getting rediculous...

Audioslave had creative differences, Chris has another solo album coming out...accept it and move the fuck on...

His solo stuff is his best singing/songwriting anyways, so this is a blessing in disguise if you ask me.

Enough Cornell threads!!!
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Look, I love Chris Cornell as much as anyone, but these threads are getting rediculous...

Audioslave had creative differences, Chris has another solo album coming out...accept it and move the fuck on...

His solo stuff is his best singing/songwriting anyways, so this is a blessing in disguise if you ask me.

Enough Cornell threads!!!

Go away, this place gets so boring it is interesting to some of us.
    I mean no harm but dont tell us to move the fuck on, it hasnt even been a week.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Go away, this place gets so boring it is interesting to some of us.
    I mean no harm but dont tell us to move the fuck on, it hasnt even been a week.

Dude, trust me...I mean no harm either, but every time I turn my head, there is a new Cornell thread...it's getting old.
  • Dude, trust me...I mean no harm either, but every time I turn my head, there is a new Cornell thread...it's getting old.

Its been like 3 days, I really like his work with audislave and was bummed out. I can honestly say for a wise ass no it all like myself that chatting in those threads has made me accept it. Good insight from some other fans.
    I was checking their website every day for tour dates back in nov, figuring their was no pj this year.
    My second favorite, and I love dream theater seen them like 7 times, but I was into the scene of audislave.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Its been like 3 days, I really like his work with audislave and was bummed out. I can honestly say for a wise ass no it all like myself that chatting in those threads has made me accept it. Good insight from some other fans.
    I was checking their website every day for tour dates back in nov, figuring their was no pj this year.
    My second favorite, and I love dream theater seen them like 7 times, but I was into the scene of audislave.

I understand, and I was a little upset too, but then when I heard he was releasing a new solo record, I was instantly happy...

I am not saying that you can't "mourn" for lack of a better word, believe me, that was not my intention at all...I am just saying that all these Cornell threads (I believe there's at least 5-6 of them) are getting old.

No harm meant, trust me.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Dude, trust me...I mean no harm either, but every time I turn my head, there is a new Cornell thread...it's getting old.
    You´ve got a point
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • So even if that's true, more power to him, because it worked/is working. You gotta look out for yourself anymore because nobody else will.
    "It's all happening"
  • I understand, and I was a little upset too, but then when I heard he was releasing a new solo record, I was instantly happy...

I am not saying that you can't "mourn" for lack of a better word, believe me, that was not my intention at all...I am just saying that all these Cornell threads (I believe there's at least 5-6 of them) are getting old.

No harm meant, trust me.

Well said
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    Chris Cornell and Audioslave threads were overdone way before they broke up!

Personally, I am so happy that Chris Cornell is going solo. His solo album was great and his solo acoustic performance was amazing.

Audioslave would have been a lot better if Tom Morello was able to vary up his play styles a little bit. I mean, how many songs need a damn guitar being played like turn tables?
  • doubt it but, if that was his intention it probably worked.

Although, his solo album will go gold at the most. If that.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Maybe its just me, but Audioslave didn't seem like a big cash cow. I mean, when I saw them in DC on the OOE tour, they didn't even fill George Mason.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    Look, I love Chris Cornell as much as anyone,

quote]

I have to agree...

There's was only so much of a formula that this band could produce...

Cornell is lightyears ahead of the rest of his Audioslave bandmates in creativity..

This was bound to happen..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    tonadax wrote:
    c´mon guys maybe two of the reasons for cornell joined audioslave were:
    earn more money ´ now he´s 10x richer´ and GET THE ATTENTION of people for buy/listen his next and promising solo album...

Yes it was a brilliant plan, he joined audioslave so he could build up the hype for 5 years and then hit you with the solo album 'BAM!' right between the eyes. And you're right, it must have been for the money, I mean in Soundgarden he clearly joined to make friends, sing songs and drink fruity punch all the time, then he worked at burger king for minimum wage to make money, he certainly wasn't rich from touring, merchandise, cd sales and royalty money that comes with being in one of the world's biggest bands. :rolleyes:
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?