Show some love for Audioslave

tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
edited March 2007 in Other Music
First: no RATM or Soundgarden comparison, AS just was a side project...

AS is/was a good band, with merits and letdowns, they released 3 good albums ´1st it´s my fav´, they played in many diferent places ´especially in cuba´, sold more than 8 millions of albums woldwide, chris got back to mainstream audience, RATM guys tried something diferent in music....

also they have good songs: cochise, like a stone, getaway car, shadow of the sun, show me how to live, no.1 zero, dandelion, out of exile, revelations...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BrezBrez Posts: 570
    My opinion: eh

Just something about Cornell's voice, it's just not enjoyable to me... But i see how people would like them, the only thing keeping me from liking them is this grudge I have with his voice :(
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Audioslave did some decent work. Occasionally exceptional.... occasionally.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • tonadax wrote:
    AS is/was a good band, with merits and letdowns, they released 3 good albums ´

Only let down for most people was that they wern't Rage or Soundgarden.
    Who can deny the greatness of Like a Stone, SMHTL, shadow on the Sun, Revelations or I am the Highway?
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    My favorites songs:-
    Number 1 Zero, yesterday to tomorrow, Wide Awake, Moth, I`m the highway, Like a Stone.
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • goldstargoldstar Posts: 256
    cochise
    show me how to live
    what you are
    like a stone
    set it off
    i am the highway
    getaway car
    your time has come
    doesn't remind me
    drown me slowly
    man or animal
    dandelion (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    #1 zero
    revelations
    sound of a gun
    wide awake
    moth

is that enough love shown?
    ;)
    sign THE petition!!!
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pearljam_to_israel/index.html

10/03/05 philadelphia
    05/09/06 toronto
    05/10/06 toronto
    06/01/06 e. rutherford
    06/03/06 e. rutherford
    09/30/06 athens
    06/12/07 munich
  • i love audioslave!!

and i'm gutted that it's finished, because i will never get to see them live

my top 3 - show me how to live, like a stone, wide awake

:D
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • generic modern rock that is overblown/given too much attention because there are so many fans of Soundgarden & Rage Against the Machine.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    generic modern rock that is overblown/given too much attention because there are so many fans of Soundgarden & Rage Against the Machine.

Ok some of it wasn't that great, BUT some of it was incredible. Shadow on the sun, Wide Awake and #1 Zero are all amazing songs.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,848
    I like Audioslave. some big time riffs and good guitar solos.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Audioslave did some decent work. Occasionally exceptional.... occasionally.

This perfectly sums up my view of them. Most of their stuff was pretty good. Some of their stuff was amazing.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I love that they're done :)
  • i'm so glad i did get to see them live. certainly one of the best rock concerts i've ever witnessed. i'm dissapointed to hear about them breaking up. three great albums, imo. fav album: revelations fav song: dandelion (playing right now, actually)

the funny thing is that on the internet (mostly here) people seem to not like them, but when everyone you talk to about them in the real world seems to love them. and i've exposed "revelation" to several people and every single person liked it and commented on how good the album is. kinda like me ragging on nickleback when i've never heard anything more than the radio hits, i guess.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    enharmonic wrote:
    I love that they're done :)

I love that you're done.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    Songburst wrote:
    I love that you're done.

hah, clever.

as for audioslave, very average band. and thats me being generous.
  • tnt358tnt358 Posts: 72
    Audioslave did some decent work. Occasionally exceptional.... occasionally.

i feel the same way
  • audioslave was awesome.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Hell Yeah!! I dug me some Audioslave!!!!

I saw them a couple years ago at the Paramount Theater in Seattle. Fucking amazing show!!!!! It was the first show Chris did "Call Me A Dog" on that tour. Fucking just a fantastic show!!! And old school too with the mosh pit and all.....rowdy ass GA crowd!!! Good times! :cool:

They made a couple of really great records and they should be proud of them.
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Loved the first album.

First time i heard Chocise (sp?) was when i saw the video and i thought it was awesome.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Songburst wrote:
    I love that you're done.

So does your mom :p
  • releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    I liked Audioslave. Alot of people say Cornell's voice is gone, but with the high notes he hits he has never been that stellar live. I saw him in 92, 96, and in 03 with Audioslave. I honestly did not see too much of a difference, other than energy. Cornell was Audioslave. His solo stuff will be great. All that will be missing is Morello's goofy sounding guitar riffs. In my opinion, in some songs that did just not fit with the overall feel of the song.

You Know My Name - CC
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Rapunzel64Rapunzel64 Posts: 129
    The Show Me How to Live video has got to be one of the best music videos ever made.
  • First album was good, second was mediocre, and the third sucked mostly (no real ballads aside from "Until We Fall," and garbage like "Somedays" making the CD). Over all the stuff Chris has been involved in through time, Audioslave is the worst. Not gonna lie to you guys. And this is coming from someone who is under a heavy influence from the guy.
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,500
    three albums...a trio of conceputual albums...better than you know right now.
  • macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,500
    First album was good, second was mediocre, and the third sucked mostly (no real ballads aside from "Until We Fall," and garbage like "Somedays" making the CD). Over all the stuff Chris has been involved in through time, Audioslave is the worst. Not gonna lie to you guys. And this is coming from someone who is under a heavy influence from the guy.

no one cares charlie my boy...
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    They were one of the last great riff rock bands. I really liked Revelations. It was full of great guitar riffs. There are so few bands doing anything interesting on guitar these days. I'll miss them.