Aside from "Wont Get Fooled Again," best rock & roll scream...

2»

Comments

• TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    red mos wrote:
    Mad season- Wake up. When Stanley sings the "so an infection, not a phase... ahhhh yeahhhhhhhh" classic Layne scream, on a classic yet haunting song. P.S. this song contains one of the Best McCready solos ever.

What about Layne on Lifeless Dead? I think that might be slightly more powerful. Wake Up is still one of my favorite songs though.
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Let me drown- Soundgarden
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    Nick Oliveri/QOTSA- Millionaire

In this song it's not so much a scream as actually the songs lyrics :)
    Not Oliveri does have a badass scream, I would say quick and to the pointless
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    another good one that has not been mentioned yet is Gideon by My Morning Jacket
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    It's gotta be The Golden God! Whole lotta love (etc)-the guy built a career on screaming!!!!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • deadnote wrote:
    rape me

I love his vocals on this one.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Definitely Ticks and Leeches by Tool. I might add that I saw The Who last year and the band had to drown out Daltrey because he couldn't do the scream in Won't Get Fooled Again.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    gleemonex wrote:
    Definitely Ticks and Leeches by Tool. I might add that I saw The Who last year and the band had to drown out Daltrey because he couldn't do the scream in Won't Get Fooled Again.
    Daltry nailed it both times I saw them and at one show was just after he had the flu.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    gleemonex wrote:

What do you expect man? He's about 60 years old, the screaming voice wears out you know.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    black
    reach down
    black hole sun
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    Daltry and Gillian are the ultimate screamers, but I like Plant at the end of "Whole Lotta Love". CLASSIC!

Brad Delp/Boston- More than a feeling
    Plant- The Immigrant Song, Kashmir
    chris cornell- shadow of the sun, no.1 zero,
    McCartney - Revolution
    I Feel Good- James brown
    phillip anselmo- floods
    John Lennon- Cold Turkey, Well,Well,Well
    Ian Gillan- introductory wail to Highway Star!
  • wcsmithwcsmith Posts: 165
    Chris Robinson (The Black Crowes) in Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye

"Well, I don't trust no one who don't take their own advice....Whooo - aaaahhhhh!!!!!"

It's pretty good

Great album, too
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • I can't believe you remembered When The Music's Over...

That and Won't Get Fooled Again are probably my two favorite screams ever. I haven't seen them live personally but Daltrey sang the hell out of this song on Live 8.

Mad Season's 'wake up' and Soundgarden's 'let me drown' are at the top of my list too!

You guys are all over this...

So here's one none of you fuckers will know..

The intro to "I Did Are" by Afrirampo.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"