Will Our Grandkids Be Wearing LED ZEPPELIN T-Shirts In High School?

tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
edited July 2007 in Other Music
I'm sick of all the LED ZEP, PINK FLOYD and AC/DC T-shirts.

I'd like to see something new, perhaps some Deep Purple, Cream or Jeff Beck T-shirts; as we know, it's great advertising.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• They'll definetly be wearing Floyd and Beatles shirts but after that it's a bit unknown.

The Doors are actually more popular with youngin's (and remember, I am one) now than Zeppelin. By a long shot.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I love it when fellow youths are wearing classic rock t-shirts... as long as they actually listen to the music.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DOSW wrote:
    I love it when fellow youths are wearing classic rock t-shirts... as long as they actually listen to the music.
    you can tell which of us do and don't. Nowadays only really intelligent people and stoners listen to classic rock,.. and most of the time intelligent stoners.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I don't really care what people are wearing as long as they are listening.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Brian V.Brian V. Posts: 51
    DOSW wrote:
    Exactly...

I recently kinda graduated from the youth classic rock group... but I didn't actually wear the shirt unless I listened to the music. Now I pretty much just wear PJ shirts when it comes to band apparel.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    DOSW wrote:

unfortunately, I think many young wear t-shirts and don't listen to those bands.
    it's a bit like all those young people wearing Che Guevara t-shirts...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • inthefleshintheflesh Posts: 170
    when our grandkids are in high school, t-shirts won't even exist anymore.

they'll be wearing the gray unitard with a big "V" on the front and black boots.

the future's gonna be cool!
    was it?....
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Julien wrote:
    unfortunately, I think many young wear t-shirts and don't listen to those bands.

Which seems so silly. Why wear a t shirt of a band if you don't listen to them? So who knows what the grand kids will be wearing.... maybe by that time The Killers will be classic rock...
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    JaneNY wrote:
    Which seems so silly. Why wear a t shirt of a band if you don't listen to them? So who knows what the grand kids will be wearing.... maybe by that time The Killers will be classic rock...

Because you can buy them for $10 at Target.

I blame the bands.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    hailhail82 wrote:
    Because you can buy them for $10 at Target.

I blame the bands.

No, it's because the kids think people will think they're cooler if they give off the impression that they listen to "cool" music. And also because of the whole "retro is cool" fad going on.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    tonadax wrote:
    I'm sick of all the LED ZEP, PINK FLOYD and AC/DC T-shirts.

I'd like to see something new, perhaps some Deep Purple, Cream or Jeff Beck T-shirts; as we know, it's great advertising.

Led Zeppelin will have fans for many generations.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    i bought my ex-gf's 2 year old boy an AB/CD t-shirt :D
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Kyuss shirts, much?
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Paris Hilton wearing a Doors t-shirt..........yes I have seen it and I would be willing to bet my life that she has never listened to one single song by them.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • itsevobaby wrote:
    i bought my ex-gf's 2 year old boy an AB/CD t-shirt :D

omg...that's too cute. :D
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    hope they are around forever. It would be nice if the kids knew something about the band though.And when you think about it,if they dont know who is in the band,maybe that makes us cooler then the kids...
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I only wear shirts of bands I like, except for my Grateful Dead gym shirt, which was onsale for $5.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Mine wont...but then again I took a melon baller to my reproductive organs.

:D
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Mine will wear Fall Out Boy shirts
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson