interpol,The Heinrich Maneuver

tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
edited July 2007 in Other Music
i like their first single The Heinrich Maneuver, it´s Slow Hands" Part 2, but even catchier...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• A friend of mine likes 'em. I'm just listening to their Myspace at the moment. It's 'OK'... might grow on me, we'll see.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    why listen to one song on myspace when you can hear the whole album here ...

http://spinner.aol.com/artists/new-releases-full-cds?defaultTab=2&defaultItem=1

then, go buy it, it's fantastic.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • 'We are sorry. The clip you are trying to play is not available in your area.'

UK

Looks like I'll have to make do with Myspace! ;)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

'We are sorry. The clip you are trying to play is not available in your area.'

UK

Looks like I'll have to make do with Myspace! ;)

ok, how about this site ....

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/luisterpaal/

while you're there, check out Editors and Buffalo Tom's new releases.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    ok, how about this site ....

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/luisterpaal/

while you're there, check out Editors and Buffalo Tom's new releases.

Cool I'll give em a go, thanks. Never heard of Buffalo Tom!

Cool I'll give em a go, thanks. Never heard of Buffalo Tom!

hee hee ... PJ once opened for them ....

gotta run, or else I'd fill you in ... amazing ealry 90s rock band (think college radio / indie) ... this is their 1st album in 9 years.

• FunkdogFunkdog Posts: 85
    it's the feel good 'f-u ex-girlfriend' song of 07. the video is a tad interesting as well, dude must really be annoyed by his ex. check it out if you can, and buy the album if you haven't, these guys are super cool.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - H.J.S.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.
  • i'm not really getting into interpol's new album... for some reason i expected a little more of them. i don't like to sound pretentious about good music by saying, "oh the new stuff sucks." but i mean the new one isn't really grabbing my attention... what happened to what they did in Obstacle 1, PDA, Stella Was a Diver, Narc, Song Seven?... those songs are pure classics.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i didnt care for antics, and from what i hear this album is basically antics part 2. turn on the bright lights was amazing, but i think im just going to hold out for the editors next week.
  • i didnt care for antics, and from what i hear this album is basically antics part 2. turn on the bright lights was amazing, but i think im just going to hold out for the editors next week.
    well, hate to burst your bubble but editors isn't any better than their first either. ok, but sure go have a listen and judge yourself.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    well, hate to burst your bubble but editors isn't any better than their first either. ok, but sure go have a listen and judge yourself.

yeah but their first is, imho, better than anything from interpol. so even if it doesn't live up to that first, im more excited than i am about interpol. esp since antics was such a dud.
  • Brian V.Brian V. Posts: 51
    i'm not really getting into interpol's new album... for some reason i expected a little more of them. i don't like to sound pretentious about good music by saying, "oh the new stuff sucks." but i mean the new one isn't really grabbing my attention... what happened to what they did in Obstacle 1, PDA, Stella Was a Diver, Narc, Song Seven?... those songs are pure classics.
    Wrecking Ball reminds me of those songs, but that's about it.