Ed vedder goes solo?

tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
edited July 2007 in Other Music
some local dj´s have been saying this for about a week, suposdly his solo album will be released in september/october, it´s true or false?????
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    Hes doing a soundtrack for a movie, I really don't think it means No More Pearl Jam.

And didn't Stone release a solo album
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Them-Bones wrote:
    Hes doing a soundtrack for a movie, I really don't think it means No More Pearl Jam.

And didn't Stone release a solo album

Yes, Stone did release a solo album. I've never understood the logic people have when they think an Ed solo album will be the death of Pearl Jam. Chances are it will be an Ed acoustic/uke collection, and the same people who don't want Ed to do a project like this will be the same ones complaining when there's another "Thumbing My Way" or "Come Back" on the next album and being a "snoozer" during the live sets.

If he wants to get out of his system whatever is in there, that's fine w/ me.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    He is releasing a solo album but its to do with a movie or something its not just him doing a solo alum for the craic, not need to owrry, its just cool that we get that and the new dvd in the same month :D:D:D
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Binaural wrote:
    He is releasing a solo album but its to do with a movie or something its not just him doing a solo alum for the craic, not need to owrry, its just cool that we get that and the new dvd in the same month :D:D:D

For some reason I never put together that they were both coming in the same month. That's awesome. I wonder when the "Body of War" soundtrack will be out---or if there will actually be a physical soundtrack or if the music will just appear in the film.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    For some reason I never put together that they were both coming in the same month. That's awesome. I wonder when the "Body of War" soundtrack will be out---or if there will actually be a physical soundtrack or if the music will just appear in the film.
    As far as I know there will be a physical CD, and is said September for a realese. Yeah, the solo stuff will be cool but Im aching for the dvd, really can't wait.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    Yes, Stone did release a solo album. I've never understood the logic people have when they think an Ed solo album will be the death of Pearl Jam. Chances are it will be an Ed acoustic/uke collection, and the same people who don't want Ed to do a project like this will be the same ones complaining when there's another "Thumbing My Way" or "Come Back" on the next album and being a "snoozer" during the live sets.

If he wants to get out of his system whatever is in there, that's fine w/ me.

well said. i'm sure that's exactly what it will be. some accoustic/uke stuff. and it's not going to be like the solo cornell album in a sense that a tour goes along with it, and press and all that good stuff. i'm sure he recorded it quickly too. i think it's just a cool little treat. ed has done stuff like this before. also, like they said stone has released a solo album, jeff has been in another band called three fish during the years of pearl jam, and i'm sure the others have ahd little side projects. it is NOT the end of pearl jam. at all. look at this as a good thing, and enjoy ed's solo music.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I saw Ed's solo gigs at Kokua and at Hulabalooo... and it was sort of scary. Scary in the sense that whether it's with a bunch of local musicians from a bar in Hawaii or with a Flea and Jack in his band... he fucking kicks ass.
    Maybe not as much as with Pearl Jam (which I admit comes from a biased point of view), but, definately a gig that will sell out theater sized venues.. no problem.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    interesting... im curious what it will end up sounding like. i doubt it will compare to stone's solo album though. i lvoe stone... he doesnt get to let his funk out enough in pearl jam!
  • tootoughtootough Posts: 31
    The solo work Vedder is currently doing is for Sean Penn's new film, "Into The Wild", in addition to his noted contributions for the soundtrack to Phil Donahue's documentary, "Body Of War". Should be quite good!!
  • tootoughtootough Posts: 31
    red mos wrote:

Sorry, just noticed the above link had already been posted..