Timbaland songs ripoffs

tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
edited June 2008 in Other Music
It doesn't matter if you're a fan of Timbaland or not, the man is an obvious thief. There's dozens of videos showing the source materials that he steals and shoves in his product.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LepUbHjT-Z8
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    the courtship dating sample is soooo obviously stolen. whatever i already knew the guy sucked.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • dont all of these guys constantly rip off...er... i mean "sample" each other? its all just part of the inbred music industry.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    tonadax wrote:
    It doesn't matter if you're a fan of Timbaland or not, the man is an obvious thief. There's dozens of videos showing the source materials that he steals and shoves in his product.

Welcome to 1984! Sampling is a part of Hip-Hop. Just ask the Beastie boys who became the force they are today off of sampling. License to Ill and Paul's Boutique wouldn't have been able to be made today with the rules and fees concerning sampling.

Led Zepp

Beasties
    NERDS!
  • MerkingBoyMerkingBoy Posts: 249
    Welcome to 1984! Sampling is a part of Hip-Hop. Just ask the Beastie boys who became the force they are today off of sampling. License to Ill and Paul's Boutique wouldn't have been able to be made today with the rules and fees concerning sampling.

Led Zepp

Beasties
    The Dust Brothers raped a shitload of songs for Paul's Boutique.

Beasties' best album as well!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Biz markie was the first to feel the wrath of the copyright laws. he got screwed out of a lot of money because he used a sample without permission and the courts made an example out of him.

hiphop will never die because its already dead. everything in hiphop is recycled it is the definition of the genre; sample and make new out of old. been happening since they started samplin beats by james brown.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    puff daddy took A LOT of hits from the 80's, he made them sound so crazy....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • people like to forget that back in the 50s, most record labels would have their white artists simply record the hit songs of black artists in order to steal the income from that hit song.

so in the 80s, black artists started a new genre doing it to white artists

but then, it was copyright infringement

seriously, how many record labels wouldn't exist if they hadn't stolen from a bunch of black guys to begin with?

answer: ALL OF THEM.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Exactly. :) Like Ultimate Rock Gods Led Zeppelin never stole stuff from other people (mostly dead black bluesmen). Christ, like Mozart never appropriated/quoted from other stuff fashionable in his day. How far back do you want to go?????
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • regardless of race i'd prefer to hear new sounds rather than rehashed shit with a different beat.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Is this thread for real?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Omega47Omega47 Posts: 43
    MrSmith wrote:
    dont all of these guys constantly rip off...er... i mean "sample" each other? its all just part of the inbred music industry.
    Hey, some samples make the original more famous. Take "Roc Boys" by Jay-Z for example. That song, which samples the horns from "Make The Road By Walking," by the Menahan Street Band, was the only reason I heard the latter to begin with. Some samples do suck, but a lot do some justice to the original. You want samples to pick on? Don't stick with Timbaland. He rarely samples the work of other artists. Sean Kingston has sampled Led Zeppelin, Ben E. King, and Phil Collins in his work. It sounds awful. That's the stuff people should hate on. No, Timbaland's got a lot of creativity and people who make samples put a lot of time into how to approach the sample so it does justice to the original song.

Now if someone sampled Pink Floyd or Pearl Jam...whole different story. That's not cool.
    www.myspace.com/fusionsong
  • Jack BauerJack Bauer Posts: 28
    Omega47 wrote:
    Hey, some samples make the original more famous. Take "Roc Boys" by Jay-Z for example. That song, which samples the horns from "Make The Road By Walking," by the Menahan Street Band, was the only reason I heard the latter to begin with. Some samples do suck, but a lot do some justice to the original. You want samples to pick on? Don't stick with Timbaland. He rarely samples the work of other artists. Sean Kingston has sampled Led Zeppelin, Ben E. King, and Phil Collins in his work. It sounds awful. That's the stuff people should hate on. No, Timbaland's got a lot of creativity and people who make samples put a lot of time into how to approach the sample so it does justice to the original song.

Now if someone sampled Pink Floyd or Pearl Jam...whole different story. That's not cool.

Yeah I hate that Sean Kingston song that samples D'yer Mak'er. One of my friends was singing the oh oh oh oh oh part one day, and I was like, oh that's an awesome song, I've got it on my zen. And then a little while later they were like, play that Sean Kingston song. I was like, who the hell is Sean Kingston? Then I heard that song. It makes me angry.
  • DjangoDjango Posts: 152
    puff daddy took A LOT of hits from the 80's, he made them sound so crazy....

He's a twat
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    tonadax wrote:

I wouldn't call it stealing at all, its freakin rap. nearly all of that garbage sounds exactly the same. I mean cmon, listen to regaeton...EVERY song has the same beat, is that stealing? No, its not...its just garbage music.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Omega47Omega47 Posts: 43
    Jack Bauer wrote:
    Yeah I hate that Sean Kingston song that samples D'yer Mak'er. One of my friends was singing the oh oh oh oh oh part one day, and I was like, oh that's an awesome song, I've got it on my zen. And then a little while later they were like, play that Sean Kingston song. I was like, who the hell is Sean Kingston? Then I heard that song. It makes me angry.
    I had to let down a bunch of gangsta kids at my school and tell them that Kingston didn't write Me Love, but it was originally a Zeppelin tune. They were shocked.
    www.myspace.com/fusionsong