Metallica- Death Magnetic

tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
edited July 2008 in Other Music
It's amazing how much anxiety it's creating this album, could be crap or an masterpiece, so many people will gonna buy it.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• A masterpiece? Gyeah, right. Metallica are old and washed up. I don't expect anything else than a fiery plane crash. I definitely won't buy it. The thing is there are so many awesome metal bands out today, that whatever Lars & company put out will probably sound and feel dated and lame. Also, I've heard recent live tracks from Metallics and James' voice sounds worse than ever. Finally, the name, Death Magnetic, is garbage.

"My lifestyle
    Determines my deathstyle"

Indeed it does.
    They say I'm rappin like BIG, jay, and tupac
    Andre 3000 where is eryka badu at
    Who dat
    Who dat said dey gon beat lil wayne
    My name ain't Bic but I keep dat flame man

2008 CHICAGO CUBS MAGIC NUMBER = 62

BEAR DOWN!!!!!
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Yeah this is the 4th fucking Metallica thread on the front page.
    I remember when Audioslave used to dominate this page back in the days before Timbaland.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    A masterpiece? Gyeah, right. Metallica are old and washed up. I don't expect anything else than a fiery plane crash. I definitely won't buy it. The thing is there are so many awesome metal bands out today, that whatever Lars & company put out will probably sound and feel dated and lame. Also, I've heard recent live tracks from Metallics and James' voice sounds worse than ever. Finally, the name, Death Magnetic, is garbage.

"My lifestyle
    Determines my deathstyle"

Indeed it does.

his voice sounds great....

Thats metallica friends >>>>>>> http://youtube.com/watch?v=gIgMG5xMMxc
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    I BrisK I wrote:
    his voice sounds great....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gIgMG5xMMxc

Sounds good to me
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    oh yea i'm definately going to buy this. Metallica are the reason I started listening to rock music, even tho they have dissapointed me in the past, i am still loyal. hopefully this new record redeems them.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    In my opinion James gets better voice with his age. What I can't say about PJ vocalist (sorry). But anyway - Eddie is still and will be my favourite:)

Now James's voice seems to be stonger and grown up. Now I can listen their songs, even I didn't like them from their firsts album - it's not painful to hear strong music and young, treble voice.
    And I think this album will be better. For me:)

Don't You think it's interesting, that Metallica started to play music almost ten years before Pearl Jam, and it's going to release this fall 9th albums both of these two?
    And... I was surprised, James is 1.5 year older than Eddie. And i always thougth he was more, more older than Ed...
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
    halszka123 wrote:
    In my opinion James gets better voice with his age. What I can't say about PJ vocalist (sorry). But anyway - Eddie is still and will be my favourite:)

Now James's voice seems to be stonger and grown up. Now I can listen their songs, even I didn't like them from their firsts album - it's not painful to hear strong music and young, treble voice.
    And I think this album will be better. For me:)

Don't You think it's interesting, that Metallica started to play music almost ten years before Pearl Jam, and it's going to release this fall 9th albums both of these two?
    And... I was surprised, James is 1.5 year older than Eddie. And i always thougth he was more, more older than Ed...

I didn't realise Pearl Jam had a new one coming out?
    I didn't realise Pearl Jam had a new one coming out?
    No???
    It was only in my dream?

Yes, I know what... just because Mike said They're working on new album, and that was in spring, so... how long can They work? Maybe that's why I misled myself thinking They shall release it this autumn. Because I want it so much? F**k!!!
    I was so sweet feeling thinking this come true... Now, I feel hopeless:(
    halszka123@op.pl
    halszka123 wrote:
    No???
    It was only in my dream?

Yes, I know what... just because Mike said They're working on new album, and that was in spring, so... how long can They work? Maybe that's why I misled myself thinking They shall release it this autumn. Because I want it so much? F**k!!!
    I was so sweet feeling thinking this come true... Now, I feel hopeless:(

Sorry for that, I hope they get one out soon too bud.
  • reznors edgereznors edge Posts: 136
    halszka123 wrote:
    Yeah, I've always found that interesting too. The fact the Eddie was 27-28 when their debut Ten was released is astonoshing. That was pretty old compared to other guys from that era like Cobain, Corgan, Yorke etc. Songs like Even Flow and Jeremy sound like stuff written from a guy in early 20's!!
    That's why I think it's ridiculous when people here downplay and disregard the brilliance of Nirvana just because PJ were lucky enough to last longer. Doesn't mean anything! Kurt finished before Eddie even started :(.
    Yeah, I've always found that interesting too. The fact the Eddie was 27-28 when their debut Ten was released is astonoshing. That was pretty old compared to other guys from that era like Cobain, Corgan, Yorke etc. Songs like Even Flow and Jeremy sound like stuff written from a guy in early 20's!!
    That's why I think it's ridiculous when people here downplay and disregard the brilliance of Nirvana just because PJ were lucky enough to last longer. Doesn't mean anything! Kurt finished before Eddie even started :(.
    I agree. Eddie is young at heart. I love this guy:)
    halszka123@op.pl
  • phatuciniphatucini Posts: 399
    halszka123 wrote:
    I agree. Eddie is young at heart. I love this guy:)

Isn't this threat supposed to be about 'tallica? Whatever I'm pretty psyched that they're bringing out a new Album!! Still can remember when I bought the last one ... bought it @ Rock am Ring 2003 on Saturday and listened to it that evening on a Ghettoblaster on the Campsite. On Sunday James & Co. kicked my & 80.000 other asses!!
  • reznors edgereznors edge Posts: 136
    phatucini wrote:
    Isn't this threat supposed to be about 'tallica?
    You're absolutey right. My appologies for derailing this thread. We all love Eddie and leave it at that.
    I'm really excited for this Metallica album. I was probably one of the 5% of fans who actually enjoyed St. Anger so I'm not as hard on them. It had an abrasive tone to it which I liked and it was a great work-out album since it had no silly ballads like Nothing Else Matters. I think it tends to be the older fans from 80's era that always complain and seem unable to adapt.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    You're absolutey right. My appologies for derailing this thread. We all love Eddie and leave it at that.
    I'm really excited for this Metallica album. I was probably one of the 5% of fans who actually enjoyed St. Anger so I'm not as hard on them. It had an abrasive tone to it which I liked and it was a great work-out album since it had no silly ballads like Nothing Else Matters. I think it tends to be the older fans from 80's era that always complain and seem unable to adapt.

I'm one of those older 80's fans and I gather they tried a certain sound and to me it just didn't work. We shall see how this new record is going to turn out cause need a big comeback like all bands that have been around over 20+ years.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• im buying it for myself after hearing the magnetism at Bonnaroo
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011