GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
edited March 2007 in Other Music
never seen this one...not bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fup2sDOx-QE
grimmy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i love these guys. what ever happened to them? i havent heard anything about them in a few years now...
  • GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    i love these guys. what ever happened to them? i havent heard anything about them in a few years now...
    I heard they got a new one comming out soon..looking foward to that.
    grimmy
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Yeah they have a new album out soon, great band. Love the song Polaris from their last album.
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    great band.....just sometimes they verge on dissapearing into their own slushiness at times.

The new record is being produced by Butch Vig which should make for interesting listening!
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Web site said it might be a while. No deadline.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    that is a GREAT verison of "A Sunday" one of my favorites off of Clarity, which I still think it is one of their BEST albums. Everyone should pick that album up. :D

I can't wait for their new album to come out so I can see them again! Has anyone seen them live? They kick ASS!! They are right up there w/PJ on BEST live bands i've seen :)

check out their myspace page too, b/c they have hilarious pictures of them dressed up as an 80s band :p and it looks like they also posted 2 new songs on their page :)

http://www.myspace.com/jimmyeatworld
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    that is a GREAT verison of "A Sunday" one of my favorites off of Clarity, which I still think it is one of their BEST albums. Everyone should pick that album up. :D

I can't wait for their new album to come out so I can see them again! Has anyone seen them live? They kick ASS!! They are right up there w/PJ on BEST live bands i've seen :)

check out their myspace page too, b/c they have hilarious pictures of them dressed up as an 80s band :p and it looks like they also posted 2 new songs on their page :)

http://www.myspace.com/jimmyeatworld

I've seem them live a few times.

The first time they had a mid afternoon slot at a festival in Scotland in 2002. They were outstanding and completely upstaged Green Day and Foo Fighters who followed them.

Saw them a couple of times on the 'Futures' tour. They were good but they seemed to be lacking some of the energy they had a few years previous. Both nights they opened with For Me This Is Heaven though, which is a great opening song :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • I LOVE Jimmy Eat World. I have their 2 most recent albums, and listen to them a lot. I think "Bleed American" through "Hear You Me" is one of the best 6 songs stretches to start an album. I've always thought "Sweetness" was one of the coolest songs around.

As for "Futures," I think that album is a classic from start to finish. It rocks harder and is a lot deeper than you might expect from Jimmy Eat World.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I'm a big fan. Finally caught them live when they opened for Green Day a few years back. Good stuff. Eagerly waiting for the new one. Love all their albums, especially Clarity and Futures.