Big Hair!! Rock You Like A Hurricane!!!*****

GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
edited April 2007 in Other Music
see how good you are at big hair trivia...
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20016362__20016359_2,00.html
grimmy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Ok what does it say about me that I got those all right......

I love the '80's!! :D:D:D
  • GRIMMYGRIMMY Posts: 370
    cutback wrote:

YOUR ROCKING LIKE A HURRICANE!!!!!LOL!! I missed Guns & Roses...
    grimmy
    GRIMMY wrote:

Having grown up when MTV played you know, videos, those actually weren't that hard.

I gotta get out more. ;)
  • angelicaangelica Posts: 6,038
    cutback wrote:

:o :(

I'm ashamed that I missed one!
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Ha! I got them all right and I hated 80's hair bands, except for my brief fascination with GNR. :D For whatever reason, I really remember those hairstyles and colors. :p
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    Ha! I got them all right and I hated 80's hair bands, except for my brief fascination with GNR. :D For whatever reason, I really remember those hairstyles and colors. :p
    :o

Is that "Ha!" a gloating "Ha!" ?? ;)
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

• angelica wrote:
    :o

Is that "Ha!" a gloating "Ha!" ?? ;)

No, it was a 'I can't believe I got them all right' Ha! I usually suck at those quizzes.

:p
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    No, it was a 'I can't believe I got them all right' Ha! I usually suck at those quizzes.

Congratulations! :) ( :( )

angelica wrote:

Congratulations! :) ( :( )

But am I or abook proud? We were able to name all those shitty hair bands without seeing their faces? I feel dirty. ;):p:D:D
    cutback wrote:
    But am I or abook proud? We were able to name all those shitty hair bands without seeing their faces? I feel dirty. ;):p:D:D
    Now that you mention it, I'm kinda glad I mixed up Whitesnake and Skid Row, after all, I cared little about either! :)

The rest, I've dreamed of those hair-do's for years...... :) I AM proud, darnit!

• I know all the bands, I listen to them all, and I like a lot of their music..... however I only got about 3 right...and I'm none too troubled by it. I'm a guy....I don't pay a lot of attention or commit to memory how other guys style their hair. :p

funny link
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    i am ashamed to say 10 out of 11 right... scary, but that was what i listend to before Nirvana and Pearl Jam taught me a lesson in music...
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    That was fun, but I'm so glad hair bands are gone!!! That hair is nasty!
    Jeanwah wrote:
    That was fun, but I'm so glad hair bands are gone!!! That hair is nasty!
    Me too!!
    grimmy
    My buddy played this last night and when he finished he was taken aback and a little embarrassed that he got them all right. Frankly I'm still a little disturbed that I got them all right. :eek: :D:D
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    missed Cinderella and Whitesnake

seeing as how I'm a "child of the 90s" I don't know how I got some of those...even though you could tell when it was Steven Tyler, Dee Snider, and Axl Rose
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    the absolute horrible'ness of their hair is outmatched only by the absolute horrible'ness of the music they all made - YUCK
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I missed Cinderella...damnit
  • BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    How is it that most of us are able to name the bands without having listened to the crap they made, but be seeing the volume of their capillary endowments?

(Although, I did listen to Aerosmith, Van Halen, and Guns'n Roses... and some Motley Crue. :o )
    Blanche wrote:
    How is it that most of us are able to name the bands without having listened to the crap they made, but be seeing the volume of their capillary endowments?

(Although, I did listen to Aerosmith, Van Halen, and Guns'n Roses... and some Motley Crue. :o )

Well as I said I watched a lot of MTV in the day. I watched videos of bands I didn't even like.

And Aerosmith and GNR were never really hair bands IMO. :)
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    I got a perfect score. I would trade all the shit bands we have today for those hair bands. GnR, Aerosmith, and Van Halen aren't really hair bands anyway.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    God help me..........I got them all right :eek: :eek: That's what I get for living through that era. :rolleyes:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,778
    Ha! I got them all right and I hated 80's hair bands, except for my brief fascination with GNR. :D For whatever reason, I really remember those hairstyles and colors. :p

I also got them alright, and i too, HATED those Hair Bands of the 80's. I EMBARASSED myself>LOL!!
  • GRIMMY wrote:

Ummm.. Rock you like a Hurricane was from the Scorpions.

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come...."
  • BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    cutback wrote:
    Well as I said I watched a lot of MTV in the day. I watched videos of bands I didn't even like.

And Aerosmith and GNR were never really hair bands IMO. :)
    But I was already living in Europe, before cable became widespread... and somehow these real bad bands managed to infiltrate their way into the horrible European Top Pop 20.

True, Aerosmith and GnR played better music, but they still got caught up in the hairspray fumes.
    Thank God, shoulder pads weren't popular for men.
  • Clifwith1fClifwith1f Posts: 143
    Why was that so easy? I got 9 of 11 and I've never seen any of those pictures before. In fact the only one of those bands I even own the music of is Guns and Roses. I didn't expect to do that well.
    Ummm.. Rock you like a Hurricane was from the Scorpions.
    Ummmm..Thats what it says when you answer a Q.
    grimmy