RHCP--Lolla

IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
edited August 2006 in Other Music
How was it?
He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
    Fuckin' Awesome, Most People I've ever seen at a concert I've been at. Grant Park is right in the middle of the city also so all the huge buildings in the background of the stage were sweet. Perry Ferrell introduced them said 70,000 people were there. When the Chili Peppers came out me and my friend were in about the 20th row maybe closer, made it up to the 3rd row but it was so hot up there I almost passed out (lasted 3 songs), way too much pushing going on in general but I kinda figured that would happen. Went back to the 20th row again and they busted into my favorite song "Me & My Friends". Played alot of good songs surprisingly no "Suck My Kiss" or "Under The Bridge" but well worth it.

I'd have to say in general the festival wasn't that good. I only saw a couple bands I liked. The Flaming Lips were the dumbest shit I've ever seen. Not enough classic rock/hard rock just a bunch of bands that aren't going to be around long in my opinion.
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    rizzdaddy wrote:
    Fuckin' Awesome, Most People I've ever seen at a concert I've been at. Grant Park is right in the middle of the city also so all the huge buildings in the background of the stage were sweet. Perry Ferrell introduced them said 70,000 people were there. When the Chili Peppers came out me and my friend were in about the 20th row maybe closer, made it up to the 3rd row but it was so hot up there I almost passed out (lasted 3 songs), way too much pushing going on in general but I kinda figured that would happen. Went back to the 20th row again and they busted into my favorite song "Me & My Friends". Played alot of good songs surprisingly no "Suck My Kiss" or "Under The Bridge" but well worth it.

I'd have to say in general the festival wasn't that good. I only saw a couple bands I liked. The Flaming Lips were the dumbest shit I've ever seen. Not enough classic rock/hard rock just a bunch of bands that aren't going to be around long in my opinion.

i don't think they play suck my kiss that much. what were the opening/closing songs? and did they play readymade?
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    Yeah they did play Readymade. They opened with a Guitar solo into a bass solo into "Can't Stop" not sure what the song was they ended with didn't know it and I was completely drained/drunk by then so having troubles remebering. They were giving out free 20 song download cards for songs from Lolla so I think they are releasing all the songs for download on ITUNES.
    They played Wet Sand also, probably now my favorite song from the new album.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    thats weird no under the bridge.

i have a thread calle RHCP setlists if you guys want info to what they are playing lately check there.
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=209601

did jon do any solo stuff like how deep is your love?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138
    blank
    -Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
  • zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138
    you guys dont know how lucky u are,i dont even get to go to lola for another 2 yrs and i have to buy a ticket for my mom cuz she has to come with and i wanted to give some tickets to my sis and her boyfriend for a present, better go do some chores... you ppl take concerts for granted
    -Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
    the last song I knew that they played was "Give It Away"
    zelda4ever wrote:
    you guys dont know how lucky u are,i dont even get to go to lola for another 2 yrs and i have to buy a ticket for my mom cuz she has to come with and i wanted to give some tickets to my sis and her boyfriend for a present, better go do some chores... you ppl take concerts for granted

How is getting drunk for a concert taking it for granted? I actually remember about the same amount of the concert when I'm drunk, music just sounds better for me when I'm drunk and I get way more into it. If you stand in a 130 degree sea of people for 6 hrs. straight you feel drunk from that alone after awhile.
  • GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    I just got a question did they finish at 9:55, after Flea made his little speach about love is everything or did they play another song after that? I had to split to catch the blue line train before the crowd rush.

And BTW- Flaming Lips were great.

edit- ok that was it, Give it Away I heard that, Flea made his speech, then some canned music played, thats when I split, thanks...
  • some people think the Flaming lips are terrible..

I love them, but i guess it takes a certain taste..

Glad to hear the Chili's played one of those ancient Uplift Mofo Party Plan songs :D
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    Here's The Setlist From Lolla

01. Intro Jam
    02. Can't Stop
    03. Dani California
    04. Scar Tissue
    05. Charlie
    06. Fortune Faded
    07. Readymade
    08. Throw Away Your Television
    09. Snow (Hey Oh)
    10. Me & My Friends
    11. For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her (John solo)
    12. Wet Sand
    13. Right On Time
    14. Don't Forget Me
    15. Tell Me Baby
    16. By The Way

Encore:
    17. Give It Away
    18. Final Jam
  • rizzdaddy wrote:
    Here's The Setlist From Lolla

01. Intro Jam
    02. Can't Stop
    03. Dani California
    04. Scar Tissue
    05. Charlie
    06. Fortune Faded
    07. Readymade
    08. Throw Away Your Television
    09. Snow (Hey Oh)
    10. Me & My Friends
    11. For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her (John solo)
    12. Wet Sand
    13. Right On Time
    14. Don't Forget Me
    15. Tell Me Baby
    16. By The Way

Encore:
    17. Give It Away
    18. Final Jam
    That's always been one of my favorite Simon and Garfunkel songs.

GORGEOUS.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • How did Charlie sound live? That's one of my favorite songs on the new album. The first half kind of bores me but the second half is just amazing.
  • I'm sorry...but the Peppers were sorta weak, IMO. I'm just not a big Stadium Arcadium fan. I was hoping for some more older shit. Even some more off of Callifornication like Around The World or Parellel Universe. I pray they play a better set at this year's VooDoo fest...for that show THEY BETTER FUCKING BREAK OUT APACHE ROSE PEACOCK OR NEW ORLEANS WILL BURN THEM ALIVE!

I sorta wanted Queens to play for another hour.