Clipse
Of Montreal
Iron and Wine
Girl Talk
Jamie Lidell
Grizzly Bear
Professor Murder
Ken Vandermark's Powerhouse Sound

And Friday is the first North American show in the All Tomorrow's Parties "Don't Look Back" series - where a band plays one of their albums in its entirety (for instance, in London, Sonic Youth is playing Daydream Nation). I wonder who we'll get in Chicago?
"What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Anybody else going?

Cat Power
    Clipse
    Of Montreal
    Iron and Wine
    Girl Talk
    Jamie Lidell
    Grizzly Bear
    Professor Murder
    Ken Vandermark's Powerhouse Sound

And Friday is the first North American show in the All Tomorrow's Parties "Don't Look Back" series - where a band plays one of their albums in its entirety (for instance, in London, Sonic Youth is playing Daydream Nation). I wonder who we'll get in Chicago?

Wow Daydream nation in its entirety? :eek:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    intodeep wrote:
    Wow Daydream nation in its entirety? :eek:
    That's the story. Sonic Youth is at the London ATP event though - it hasn't yet been announced who will play the Chicago ATP event, or what album they'll be doing.

Still, it's only $15 for the Friday show (and only $45 for the 3-day pass) - I figured if they got Sonic Youth in London, $15 was a good gamble for whoever they booked here.

Here's a link to ATP:

http://www.atpfestival.com/events/dont-look-back/
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Wow this Slint is doing spiderland too :eek:
    and daydream nation by sonic youth :eek:

could they get dinosaur jr to do you're living all over me :D or the reformed my bloody valentine to do loveless?

Those are two top notch albums i'm jealous of those in london.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    From what I remember, last year's lineup was pretty awesome. Festivals really aren't my fave, but I could imagine enjoying this one more than Lolla. Not to mention, Flatstock will be there too!
    cc10106 wrote:
    Not to mention, Flatstock will be there too!
    Really? That's awesome.
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    So, from what I've read (which was very brief) about the tickets for this festival is one either purchase a Friday-only pass ($15), or Sat-Sun pass ($35), or both ($50)?
    cc10106 wrote:
    So, from what I've read (which was very brief) about the tickets for this festival is one either purchase a Friday-only pass ($15), or Sat-Sun pass ($35), or both ($50)?
    Pretty much. Single day passes are $15/Friday, $25/Saturday, and $25/Sunday. The three day pass is $45, and the two day Saturday/Sunday pass is $35. Here's a link:

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/event/EventListings?orgId=13100

Kind of a weird pricing structure, but not a bad price overall, considering the lineup.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I would LOVE to see Girl Talk. That would have to be a total blast.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    im saving my money and vacation time for lolla. i dont really know any of those bands and the ones i do i dont really care for...
    transplant wrote:
    I would LOVE to see Girl Talk. That would have to be a total blast.
    transplant, I'm super excited for Girl Talk too. Gregg Gillis is my guilty pleasure :D
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    transplant, I'm super excited for Girl Talk too. Gregg Gillis is my guilty pleasure :D
    oh, no doubt. at times Night Ripper just leaves me giddy.
    Just confirmed, Sonic Youth will be playing Daydream Nation in its entirety on Friday of the festival:

http://www.atpfestival.com/events/dont-look-back/news.php?view=590