Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust

BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Lets talk about the new Sigur Ros album. Best album of the year for me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    Saw them live at the Roo, was fortunate enough to get the new CD autographed....

I love this album and I love this band.
    the Minions
  • Undoubtedly the best album of the year for me too.

Sigur Ros are more than a band... I know phrases like that are thrown around but listening to them is a spiritual experience.

'Ara batur' is a masterpiece to go alongside, well, all the others...
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    I don't see why all the hype surrounds this band. To me, they are one of the more boring bands out today.
  • toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    jelly..see em live..that will help you "get it" maybe..

if not..its cool..its not for everyone.
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    I guess I haven't listened to it that much because it has naked men on the front... :(... but I'm gonna try again tonight
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    If you pre-order the limited edition of the version that's being released this Fall, they'll print your name in the book that accompanies the package.

I like this one -- right up in there w/ Takk and the Kissing Sausages.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • bought it today (8 bucks at target woot woot!), and am listening to it now. simply beautiful
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense

9/28/05 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    8/2/07 Vic
    8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Ara Batur I think is the song you hear the last few moments of your life and as your floating to wherever we go after this life...
    dirt wrote:
    If you pre-order the limited edition of the version that's being released this Fall, they'll print your name in the book that accompanies the package.

I like this one -- right up in there w/ Takk and the Kissing Sausages.

YES!!!!! I got the email my name was going in the book last week.
    the Minions
  • after my first full listen, "Inní mér syngur vitleysingur" is my favorite track. i love it all though, definitely one of the top albums out thus far this year

9/28/05 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    8/2/07 Vic
    8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    I just really discovered Sigur Ros last week. Already I would put them with Pearl Jam and Jeff Buckley as my favorites of all time. Amazing band. Amazing album.
  • I've been listening to Sigur Ros for about 5 years - I know why they aren't huge, it's because they're too ahead of their time. Sigur Ros sounds like the music that's suppose to be made 50 years from now.

Festival & track 7 are my favorites.
    "Why stand when you can sit?" - Winston Churchill
    "Why sit when you can dance?" - Me
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    I would say it's their best album yet......

absolutely beautiful album.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • I can't even call "Inní mér syngur vitleysingur" a song. It's a celebration. I can't stop listening to it.

9/28/05 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    8/2/07 Vic
    8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)
  • I can't even call "Inní mér syngur vitleysingur" a song. It's a celebration. I can't stop listening to it.

You're not wrong. Just amazing. This band are mental.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• The bars of piano chords leading up to the orchestral heaven-fest on 'Ara Batur' are totally insanely beautiful. I don't think the word 'music' is good enough to describe it.

The bars of piano chords leading up to the orchestral heaven-fest on 'Ara Batur' are totally insanely beautiful. I don't think the word 'music' is good enough to describe it.

I totally agree... this new album is phenomenal
    the Minions
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    So far I would say the best songs are Ara batur, Festival, and Inni mer syngur vitleysingur