New Wave named album of the year by Spin

BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
edited December 2007 in Other Music
While, I don't think its as good as Neon Bible or In Rainbows, Against Me!'s new album is great. Thrash Unreal is definitely one of the top 5 song released in 07. Any other Against Me! fans out there?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Never heard of them. Your post has now inspired me to check them out.
  • SiDSiD Posts: 76
    'New Wave" is awesome. Definitely ONE of the best releases of the year. No doubt about that.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 116
    My album of the year - closely followed by Biffy Clyro "Puzzle".
  • Just on their Myspace now.. yeah I dig it. Singer reminds me of the Offspring a bit, but they're much better.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    New wave really deserved it. Awesome band awesome album. Can´t wait to see them live again.
  • lastexitlastexit Posts: 257
    Sounds like Toadies/Burden Brothers.
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Do these guys sing that "if she wants to dance all night, no one's gonna stop her" and something about the weekends?

I hope not because that song is absolute shit. I fucking wanna stab my ears everytime I hear that poor excuse for music being played on the radio.
  • Benzor wrote:
    While, I don't think its as good as Neon Bible or In Rainbows, Against Me!'s new album is great. Thrash Unreal is definitely one of the top 5 song released in 07. Any other Against Me! fans out there?
    I don't know any Against Me! except for 'Thrash Unreal'. That song fuckin' rocks! I play it repeatedly every day. Perhaps I should check out the rest of their stuff.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Kudos to AM! & "New Wave"!
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    check out their other albums. i like their newer stuff better, its much more polished. searching for a former clarity is a great album.
  • that single of theirs i hear on the radio of theirs is complete garbage, so if the rest of their music sounds like that, then consider me not a fan.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II