The Beatles "Love"

Fortunate Son1Fortunate Son1 Posts: 89
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Hi all!

I picked this CD up about a week ago, and have been listening to it non stop since. It is truly AMAZING!! Many new twists on old Beatles songs, and it gives them a whole new sound. I think that the continuous mix flows beautifully, in a very Dark Side of the Moon way. Strawberry Fields Forever into Within You/Without You - Tomorrow Never Knows into Lucy in the Sky is one of the greatest 10 minutes ever in recorded history!
So, who's listened to the CD? What do you all think?
And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky...A human being that was giveeeeeeeeeeeeen to flllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I've listened to it, and I think it is pretty good. It's extremely well done, and flows together excellently. However, I'm the kind of personality that prefers to listen to full albums as opposed to compilations. However, if I am ever in the mood to hear a mix Beatle songs, this would definitely get played.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • But I think the continuous mix is what sets it apart from any ordinary greatest hits package or compilation. Also, the remixes give it a feel as though nearly every song is "new".
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky...A human being that was giveeeeeeeeeeeeen to flllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    We do have another thread on this album....but since I just came here specifically to talk about this again...I will use this thread....

I too think it's amazing! I am usually against these type of things....but I tell ya what, anything Sir George Martin wants to do is fine by me! He is as much of the originals as it gets. He did a terrific job with this album. I hear things in it I never heard before. Just spectacular!!!
  • Sorry Animal, I even looked for it but didn't see. So true. The lyrics from Within You/Without You mixed on top of Tomorrow Never Knows just blew my mind the first time I heard it.
    The intro to Get Back is really cool as well.
  • It is pretty fucking amazing, the fact that all the songs are in true stereo is amazing enough, even without the cool mash-ups.
  • whygowhygo Posts: 55
    Good stuff for sure... I wanna see it live!! where can I do that? I know it premiered in Vegas!
  • I'm finally listening to this album right now. I'll let you know.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Within you Without you/Tommorrow Never Knows and the awesome medley of songs at the outro of Strawberry Fields (Sgt peppers, In my life, Piggies, penny lane, and Hello Goodbye) are reason enough to get this album
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Hi all!

I picked this CD up about a week ago, and have been listening to it non stop since. It is truly AMAZING!! Many new twists on old Beatles songs, and it gives them a whole new sound. I think that the continuous mix flows beautifully, in a very Dark Side of the Moon way. Strawberry Fields Forever into Within You/Without You - Tomorrow Never Knows into Lucy in the Sky is one of the greatest 10 minutes ever in recorded history!
    So, who's listened to the CD? What do you all think?
    Don't have it yet but I've nothing but great stuff about it.

I'll definitely be picking it up soon...and I'm really not much of a Beatles fan (don't own a thing of theirs) but I can appreciate some well done music!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Within you Without you/Tommorrow Never Knows and the awesome medley of songs at the outro of Strawberry Fields (Sgt peppers, In my life, Piggies, penny lane, and Hello Goodbye) are reason enough to get this album

Yep. And the way Strawberry Fields starts with just an acoustic and is slowly layered to the version we know is simply brilliant.
  • MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    It is really amazing...

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • Yes, it's amazing.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    abomination.
  • it really is great...i dont buy into that abomination business....yes, the original work is amazing....but this is simply great too.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • brain of c wrote:
    abomination.

you can always go back and listen to the original versions. remember, the Beatles aren't like Pearl Jam where you have the studio track and then hundreds of live tracks to listen to. sure their are live performances of Paul's songs out there but otherwise, the orignals from the post-Rubber Soul albums are all we have. it's nice to see they've done something to give the old songs a twist. and you have to admit that the Tommorrow Never Knows/Within You Without You track is cool.

P.S. why do you always have to type with such small letters?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • you can always go back and listen to the original versions. remember, the Beatles aren't like Pearl Jam where you have the studio track and then hundreds of live tracks to listen to. sure their are live performances of Paul's songs out there but otherwise, the orignals from the post-Rubber Soul albums are all we have. it's nice to see they've done something to give the old songs a twist. and you have to admit that the Tommorrow Never Knows/Within You Without You track is cool.

P.S. why do you always have to type with such small letters?

how tomorrow never knows/within you without you goes into lucy is fucking brilliant.
    Jam out with your clam out.