White Stripes Cancel Tour!!

cubbieblue82cubbieblue82 Posts: 292
edited September 2007 in Other Music
It seems Meg has come down with a case of anxiety and the Stripes are cancelling all US dates for the fall!

FUCK!!

I have tickets bought from e-Bay! How the hell am I supposed to get my money back!

I'm sure that her problems are serious and I wish her well, but I think it is time for Jack to find a new drummer!!!:(
Obama/Biden '08!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Anxiety issues are tough. Sorry to hear they cancelled the tour.
    the Minions
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    well according to pollstar.com they have only scrapped 3 dates - two of those dates were the Austin this weekend. So, it looks like Muse has been given the Head lining spot Sat Night, and guess their Stubbs BBQ show for Sun is just scrapped for now. This blows cause first they were due to play 2 shows at ACL and play right before Bob Dylan on Sun. Then that date was replaced by a show at Stubbs which I got no notice about (my own fault) but it doesn't matter cause it's a bust. Glad I didn't spend that money on the shows or the trip but I did want to see the Stripes only Texas show(s). Well the Sat night one! Just curious, whe did you hear the whole tour is axed?
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • This is according to their website, http://www.whitestripes.com .

I wish it weren't true, but I guess it is as official as it can be.

Has anyone ever had to get their money back after buying tix off ebay? I will try to contact the seller, hopefully I can get my money back but I really don't know.
    Obama/Biden '08!!!
  • I read it was the whole north american tour. I am disappointed, I had tickets at the Paramount but like the above poster said, anxiety issues are tough.
  • Here's what my email said:

"The White Stripes announced today that they are canceling their forthcoming tour due to health issues. Meg White is suffering from acute anxiety and is unable to travel at this time.

The White Stripes sincerely apologize to their fans.
    "We hate to let people down and are very sorry."

Fans can obtain refunds for their tickets at point of purchase.

Dates affected:

9/13/07 Albuquerque, NM @ Kiva Auditorium
    9/15/07 Austin, TX @ Austin City Limits Festival
    9/16/07 Austin, TX @ Stubbs Bar-B-Q
    9/18/07 San Diego, CA @ Coors Amphitheatre
    9/19/07 Inglewood, CA @ The Forum
    9/21/07 Berkeley, CA @ Greek Theatre
    9/24/07 Anchorage, AK @ George M. Sullivan Sports Arena
    9/26/07 Seattle, WA @ Paramount Ballroom
    9/27/07 Seattle, WA @ Paramount Ballroom
    9/28/07 Boise, ID @ Idaho Center Theater
    9/29/07 Salt Lake City, UT @ The E Center
    9/30/07 Jackson Hole, WY @ Snowking Center
    10/2/07 Rapid City, SC @ Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
    10/3/07 Fargo, ND @ Fargo Civic Auditorium
    10/4/07 Lincoln, NE @ Pershing Center Auditorium
    10/6/07 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
    10/7/07 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
    10/10/07 Honolulu, HI @ Neal S. Blaisdell Center "
    I'm Eric.

Gorge 9/1/05
    Gorge 7/22/06
    Seattle 9/22/09
    Portland 7/14/11 (Ed Solo)
    Seattle 7/15/11 (Ed Solo)
    Bridge School 10/23/11 (Ed Solo)
    Las Vegas 10/31/12 (Ed Solo)
    Las Vegas 11/1/12 (Ed Solo)
  • pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    I think I'm having some anxiety issues now hearing this news :( Having tickets to 2 shows really hurts.
    Maybe I'll have to get some tickets to see Uncle Neil to ease this blow.
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • Sucks. I was really excited to see them next week... had heard such awesome things about their live show too
  • I was really looking forward to the two Seattle shows. I've been excited about it for months.

Sounds like Meg basically had a nervous breakdown. I hope she gets better soon. I know this band wouldn't make a decision like this if it wasn't something serious.
    Common sense is not so common.
  • They are still coming to the UK then?

There is still good seats at the Newcastle show, I was contemplating it.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Good! I guess well now have to find another group to play a show on a bus or in a classroom
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • This is according to their website, http://www.whitestripes.com .

I wish it weren't true, but I guess it is as official as it can be.

Has anyone ever had to get their money back after buying tix off ebay? I will try to contact the seller, hopefully I can get my money back but I really don't know.
    usually the original buyer of the tix will get a credit to their credit card automatically. at least thats what happened once for me when i had a show canceled. unless the dates are going to be rescheduled.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Wow, that really sucks for those who were going. Ah well, maybe some new Raconteurs sooner then?
  • usually the original buyer of the tix will get a credit to their credit card automatically. at least thats what happened once for me when i had a show canceled. unless the dates are going to be rescheduled.

yeah, but theyre gonna rape us for all the charges. a pair of tix for chicago was $100, but the tickets were only $36 each, which means I'll lose $28 to TicketMaster FOR NOTHING.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • lowlight10 wrote:
    yeah, but theyre gonna rape us for all the charges. a pair of tix for chicago was $100, but the tickets were only $36 each, which means I'll lose $28 to TicketMaster FOR NOTHING.
    wow that doesn't seem right they should have to refund everything..i can't remember if that happened when i was refunded.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
    wow that doesn't seem right they should have to refund everything..i can't remember if that happened when i was refunded.

I had tickets to a Riders on the Storm concert that was cancelled a few years ago and TM refunded me the total amount- including fees
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• mensanemensane Posts: 912
    on the ticketmaster website it says they will automatically refund the ticket plus all fees (except shipping fees-like if you paid extra for overnight shipping).

i would contact the ebay seller and see what they are willing to do.

i had tickets to both seattle shows. sucks. at least i got to see them in vancouver.
  • Man...I don't want to have to mess with getting my refund. UGH.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• It could depend on what your auctions said. Usually there is a disclaimer sayin if the show is cancelled a full refund will be given.
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Damn!!
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    It seems Meg has come down with a case of anxiety and the Stripes are cancelling all US dates for the fall!

FUCK!!

I have tickets bought from e-Bay! How the hell am I supposed to get my money back!

I'm sure that her problems are serious and I wish her well, but I think it is time for Jack to find a new drummer!!!:(

Contact the seller....maybe they're a responsible ebayer.
  • mensane wrote:
    on the ticketmaster website it says they will automatically refund the ticket plus all fees (except shipping fees-like if you paid extra for overnight shipping).

I dont see that for Chicago. hopefully thats the case for all of the shows.

Did anybody get tickets through the WS presale and know whats going on with those?
    -

• well, here is my answer. total bullshit!

Dear Fan,

We have been informed by the promoter that the White Stripes Tour has
    been cancelled.

We require that you return the physical tickets to us postmarked by the
    end of the business day on 9.20.07.
    We will not be able to honor refunds if tickets are received postmarked
    past this date.

Please ship your tickets back to:
    Musictoday:
    Attn: White Stripes ticketing customer service
    5391 Three Notched Road
    Crozet, Va 22932

Once tickets are returned we will process a refund of the face value of
    the tickets as per the cancelled/ postponed show refund policy stated
    in the online user agreement.

Please allow up to 7 business days for the transaction to appear on
    your statement following the refund.

Sincerely,
    Ticketing Customer Service Dept
    -

• EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    LukinFan wrote:
    Good! I guess well now have to find another group to play a show on a bus or in a classroom

Asshole.
  • It seems Meg has come down with a case of anxiety and the Stripes are cancelling all US dates for the fall.

sorry to offend any fans BUT good. i cannot stand that band, and meg white has no right to be behind a drumset, shes pretty much someone who can play the drums but isn't actually a drummer. sorry can't stand the white stripes.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • sorry to offend any fans BUT good. i cannot stand that band, and meg white has no right to be behind a drumset, shes pretty much someone who can play the drums but isn't actually a drummer. sorry can't stand the white stripes.

Screw you man! I can understand that you don't like them, but what the hell difference does it make to you whether they tour or not?! Believe it or not there are a ton of people that DO like them, and a lot of us here spent good money on tix!
    Obama/Biden '08!!!
    sorry to offend any fans BUT good. i cannot stand that band, and meg white has no right to be behind a drumset, shes pretty much someone who can play the drums but isn't actually a drummer. sorry can't stand the white stripes.
    I agree!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• sorry to offend any fans BUT good. i cannot stand that band, and meg white has no right to be behind a drumset, shes pretty much someone who can play the drums but isn't actually a drummer. sorry can't stand the white stripes.

Go talk to your ma....nobody here gives a shit what you think douche
    the Minions

What kind of ass would say that on a day when so many of us are disspointed about not seeing them. Whoever you are going to see next I hope they cancel on your ass.

But with no refund.

Ass.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)

classy. :rolleyes:

oh dude, since you seem to have the say, is it ok for me to hold a guitar ? i mean, i'm not very good, and i don't want to offend anyone....

do i have the right ??

i promise i won't touch my guitars again until you say it is ok !!

ps massive good vibes to meggsy, it must be harder to match the hype night after night and hope you never fuck up. i do believe another man with every right to be behind a kit, one bonzo bonham, had the same problem.
    Music is not a competetion.