Pandora Radio

cubbieblue82cubbieblue82 Posts: 292
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Anybody else checked this out yet? Seems pretty cool. You put in a band or song that you like and they create a station that plays songs that are in some way similar to what you put in.

I've played around with it a little bit and it does a pretty decent job. Some choices are a bit of a stretch but what can you do?

They seem to have a pretty extensive selection to, and it's free.

Check it out at http://www.pandora.com
Obama/Biden '08!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    i used it a little when it first started. it was pretty cool but at the time i dont think they had as much of a selection as they do now. cool idea though!
  • you can do that on rhapsody too. my station kicks ass!
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    I was addicted to this site my last semester of college (fall of 2005). I'd forgotten about it until my boss brought the site up a few months ago.

I use Last FM now when I listen to music on my computer, but even with that I rarely listen to radio - I find myself skipping songs constantly because the varity isn't great from one listen to the next. Maybe I'll check out Pandora again for something different.

Edit: I just opened the site up - it still shows my radio stations from almost two years ago - Wilco, Ryan Adams, Whiskeytown, and Pearl Jam!
  • Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Too bad Pandora could go the way of the buffalo if Congress has its way.
  • nepalnepal Posts: 143
    I listened it until they stopped airing everywhere else but United States.
    ...the dreams ain't broken down here now,
    they're walking with a limp
  • PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    It's really good for jazz and other stuff. I'm listening to Husker Du right now.
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    It doesnt work in the UK anymore, but when it did the suggestions were never right.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen