Post your Lolla Schedule

cubbieblue82cubbieblue82 Posts: 292
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Hey all,

I'm getting really excited about Lollapalooza and thought we should post our fav bands in the lineup, and maybe some can't miss lesser known bands that not everyone knows about.

I'm really looking forward to Spoon at the moment since I haven't seen them live.

1 week and counting!:-)
Obama/Biden '08!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Friday:

I'm just goint to see Daft Punk at night, but will also check out some Ben Harper.

Saturday looks like this:

Silverchair(If I'm awake by that time)
    The Roots
    Regina Spektor
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Spoon
    ...maybe some Muse...probably not.

Sunday:

Pearl Jam

Dat's It.
  • if i was going:

Friday:
    Against Me
    Silversun Pickups
    The Black Keys
    Ben Harper

Saturday:
    The Roots
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Muse

Sunday:
    Kings of Leon
    My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam

On sunday I would love to see Iggy and Modest Mouse but just to reserve a good spot for PJ, KOL and MMJ are other favorite bands of mine too so why not.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    My Morning Jacket is playing with the Chicago Orchestra. That is just amazing and I can't wait for that shit!!!! Kings of Leon are going to be off the hook too!!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    If I was going on friday I would definately be going to see Sam Roberts too. He is wicked wild, too bad I'm only going on Sunday.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Oxxys wrote:
    My Morning Jacket is playing with the Chicago Orchestra. That is just amazing and I can't wait for that shit!!!! Kings of Leon are going to be off the hook too!!!

two of the ones im looking forward to most

also-muse, ben harper, spoon, the black keys, maybe the roots, maybe the fratellis, son volt, femi kuti

but of course none of these can hold a candle to our boys PEARL JAM
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Oxxys wrote:
    If I was going on friday I would definately be going to see Sam Roberts too. He is wicked wild, too bad I'm only going on Sunday.

sam roberts is on saturday... i know becos im so sad ill miss his set. my sched is:

friday- ted leo, polyphonic spree, silversun pickups, black keys, ben harper
    saturday- pete yorn, silverchair, cold war kids, the roots, hold steady, snow patrol, muse
    sunday- kings of leon, yo la tengo, modest mouse, pearl jam

im stoked. we may skip silversun becos my gf hates them and i've already seen them. might hit the annuals, spoon, or tv on the radio depending on how we feel. saturday looks to be the best day for me... silverchair never tours, the hold steady are so much fun live, and i hear the roots and cold war kids are excellent live. then closing the night by rocking my face off with muse? doesn't get much better. im glad ill be able to sleep in sunday to recover.
  • OttOtt Posts: 403
    I am glad The Roots are getting so much love here. Nice to see. Great um, hip-hop act. They are tops on my list, too.

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Ott wrote:
    I am glad The Roots are getting so much love here. Nice to see. Great um, hip-hop act. They are tops on my list, too.

Ott

I saw'em at HOB NOLA last year. Fucking great show.
  • cubbieblue82cubbieblue82 Posts: 292
    I can't believe the scheduled MMJ at the same time as Modest Mouse!

I'm trying to decide on which to see. I've seen MMJ live before so I would be tempted to go for Modest Mouse, but if I see MMJ then I can prob get closer for PJ.

The agony!
    Obama/Biden '08!!!
  • thesheffthesheff Posts: 59
    Right now its

Fri
    Ted Leo & the Pharmacists
    Polyphonic Spree (probably)
    Silversun Pickups
    The Black Keys
    maybe a little bit of LCD Soundsystem
    Daft Punk

Sat
    Cold War Kids
    The Hold Steady
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Muse

Sun
    Kings of Leon
    My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam

and probably some others. not too sure about bands earlier in the day
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Fri:
    Rock for Kids Youth Jam band and The Fratellis
    Tom Schrader----Color revolt
    piss/eat
    Bang Bang Bang
    Polyphonic Spree---school of raock allstars---Slightly Stupid---Against Me
    MIA
    Blonde Redhead
    shit/eat
    Black keys or Satellite Party...just can't pick
    if Perry played Janes shit and I missed it I'd be pissed, but the keys are goood
    Femi Kutu
    A little Ben and a little Daft, how can you not see robots!

Sat
    Last band standing
    Arckid
    Ryan Shaw---ludo
    Eat/piss
    SILVERCHAIR- maybe sam roberts if they aint playing froggy stuff
    Cold war kids
    THE ROOTS
    Regin Spektor----back Door slam
    Shit/eat
    Snow Patrol
    Patti
    Muse/interpol- know shit on either

Sun:
    juliett and the licks
    roam
    David Vanderveld----Heartless bastards
    Amy Winehouse of Perry And Pete
    eat/piss
    Blue October? or School of rock with VERY SPECIAL guest
    Kings of Leon and Iggy mix

Message pit Meetup pre MMJ
    Shit and eat----maybe catch the wailers for a song

MMJ

PEAR JAM

go home and be in bliss after seeing so much good music starting thursday at the Vic
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    holy crap this is gonna be the best weekend EVER!!! it's as though all my favorite bands have gathered just to make me dance and be happy :)

Friday:
    -Elvis Perkins in Dearland
    -Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
    -Jack's Mannequin (only b/c of my friends that are coming!! they love this band)
    -Silversun Pickups
    -The Black Keys
    -LCD Soundsystem
    -Ben Harper

Saturday:
    -MATT & KIM :D
    -Tokyo Police Club/I'm From Barcelona
    -Tapes 'n Tapes
    -Sam Roberts Band
    -Cold War Kids :D
    -Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
    -The Hold Steady/Regina Spektor
    -YYYs
    -Muse

Sunday:
    -Los Campesinos
    -Annuals
    -Kings of Leon
    -Peter, Bjorn, and John
    -Modest Mouse
    -TV on the Radio
    -Pearl Jam :D:D
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Thursday - Hopefully Pearl Jam :rolleyes:

Friday -
    Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
    Slightly Stoopid
    M.I.A.
    G-Love
    Black Keys
    Femi Kuti
    Daft Punk then slowly Migrate to Ben Harper

Saturday -
    Tokyo Police Club
    Tapes n' Tapes
    Stephen Marley
    Rhymefest
    The ROOTS!!!!
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Spoon
    Half Muse/Half Interpol then AET party

Sunday -
    Rodrigo Y Gabriela
    Lupe Fiasco
    School of Rock
    K.O.L
    The Wailers
    MMJ
    Pearl Jam

If I make it to half of these, I'll be impressed. :D
    NERDS!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I'm not going, but I'm glad to see a ton of love for Ted Leo in these posts ... hell of a show ...

can't beleive he's coming for a third time in 6 months to SFO in October ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    iamsampj wrote:
    -The Hold Steady/Regina Spektor

don't miss a single hold steady song... they are SO much fun :)

it was tough to pass on clap your hands, but im afraid they wont go over well at such a big fest and the roots are awesome, so...

maybe ill see you at modest mouse/tv on the radio. i too feel no need to sprint 2 miles to be closer to the pearl jam stage.
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784

it was tough to pass on clap your hands, but im afraid they wont go over well at such a big fest and the roots are awesome, so...

maybe ill see you at modest mouse/tv on the radio. i too feel no need to sprint 2 miles to be closer to the pearl jam stage.
    see...i've already seen hold steady when they played in orlando (actually got up on stage w/ them :) ) but one of my friends who went w/ me to that show, will also be at lolla, and i don't think she enjoyed them all that much.

suprisingly i'm okay w/ being nowhere near the stage for pearl jam. i know that people are going to be camped out all day for prime spots, and there are just too many bands that i want to see to spend all day in one location. i've been waiting forever to see modest mouse and tvotr is such a fantastic dance party that i can't miss it. there was a mosh party at the last tvotr show i saw....too much fun!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724

See the Roots for sure. I saw them again a few months ago and they didn't play a ton of stuff from the new album, I hope they do here.

Also see Modest Mouse if you can, who knows how much longer they'll be making more albums :(
    NERDS!