Coldplay Free Single

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Anyone else having trouble getting the instructions for downloading the free single. If anyone knows the secret, feel free to pass it on.
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• suns22suns22 Posts: 94
    I checked out the news story that rollingstone.com had yesterday. In the body of the paragrap is this link....

http://www.coldplay.com/song.html

Just enter in your info and you're good to go.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Hopefully more to come in TX.......some day.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    They just e-mailed me the link for the download and all went swimmingly.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    They just e-mailed me the link for the download and all went swimmingly.
    Glad you've had luck, been waiting an hour or so, did u wait long.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• is the song any good?

or is it just more of Chris Martin playing too much piano?
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Just got the email and downloaded it.

• suns22suns22 Posts: 94
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Glad you've had luck, been waiting an hour or so, did u wait long.

I received the email in less than a minute. You might want to try again.

*edit* nevermind, glad you finally got it.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Hopefully more to come in TX.......some day.
    Bonnaroo '08
    I think it's a great song. Lyrically is leaves a lot to be desired, but the music is fantastic.
  • NoCode_inMTNoCode_inMT Posts: 551
    I think it's a great song. Lyrically is leaves a lot to be desired, but the music is fantastic.
    +1

That's about as hard as Coldplay's gonna rock. Great Song!!!
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • i don't like it.

i hate how Coldplay turned into the "Chris Martin and his piano" band.

Their first album, where the guitar player and the rest of the band were allowed to do something, far kicks the ass of the other albums combined.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
    i don't like it.

i hate how Coldplay turned into the "Chris Martin and his piano" band.

Their first album, where the guitar player and the rest of the band were allowed to do something, far kicks the ass of the other albums combined.

Maybe we're not hearing the same thing. I hear a lot of everything else besides the piano.
  • mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    I like it as well, its definitley more than Chris Martin.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    it won't come in my email.. i've done everything they've said to do (add contacts, etc.), and still nothing. i've given them both my email addresses... oh well :rolleyes:
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Trailer wrote:
    it won't come in my email.. i've done everything they've said to do (add contacts, etc.), and still nothing. i've given them both my email addresses... oh well :rolleyes:

same here. can somebody post it here or PM it or is that not kosher?
  • magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    http://rapidshare.com/files/111250337/coldplay_violethill.zip

Didn't know what to think at first . . .after 3rd listen, growing on me . . .definitely different for Coldplay
  • The song is "meh", but what is with that cover art?:eek:
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    magikev wrote:

Didn't know what to think at first . . .after 3rd listen, growing on me . . .definitely different for Coldplay

awesome... thanks!!
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Never been much of a Coldplay fan, but this is actually pretty good. Kind of reminds me of Pink Floyd.......
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    very good
    magikev wrote:

that link isnt working for me, i dont know what i am doing wrong. can someone help?
    i have the rapidshare window up, but i dont know which option to select! heeeelllppp! im dying to hear this!
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    if violet hill was the first coldplay song anyone had ever heard, people would be calling them the next big thing.

lame and boring would not be in your vocabulary.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • i have the rapidshare window up, but i dont know which option to select! heeeelllppp! im dying to hear this!

Click the free option. You'll have a timer pop up. Have the timer expires you're ready to download.
    Click the free option. You'll have a timer pop up. Have the timer expires you're ready to download.

i dont see a timer. i know how to do megaupload but i think this is different. its giving me a list of all these options to download from. i dont get it !
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Wow..don't like it at all..I've alway stuck up for Coldplay, but that song is a disaster. Sounds a lot like that old Phil Collins song, can't remember the name of it. Coldplay are at their best when they have simple arrangements..they are trying way to hard now. Sucks.
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    thanks, i'll grab it later.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    i dont see a timer. i know how to do megaupload but i think this is different. its giving me a list of all these options to download from. i dont get it !

It should say something like 0.8, then it goes to 0.6 etc near the top of the page after you have clicked on the free download part
    It should say something like 0.8, then it goes to 0.6 etc near the top of the page after you have clicked on the free download part

i dont see it anywhere. oh well, i heard the song off another website so its all good.
    i dont see it anywhere. oh well, i heard the song off another website so its all good.

I think they put the timer in at busy times, cause it seems to be missing at the moment. You should be able to click on any of the 'Download via level 3 etc' links and then just hit download - just for future reference.
  • I've quite liked Coldplay until their last album, when they decided to go epic Prog Space rock on us. Far too many wooshy synth sounds. Meh.

This isn't the worst thing I've ever heard but it's a bit Pink Floyd meets Oasis.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison