Options

Anyone know Gomez?

treak22treak22 Posts: 3
edited May 2006 in Other Music
I recently saw a live performance of a band named Gomez. Apparently they have a pretty decent following and a bunch of albums under their belt. They were actulally really friggin good and I can't stop listening to their new album "How We Operate" If you don't know them I highly recomend you give them a listen. Their website is:

http://www.gomeztheband.com

"how we operate" is by far my favorite track on the album...

I know they've been doing a lot of touring with Dave Matthews..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I have "Bring it On", "Liquid Skin" and "Abandoned Shopping Trolley", but gave up on them after the next album (I forget the name). If you liked them live, you should look into the first two. "Abandonded Shopping Trolley" is a compilation of b-sides and outtakes (I believe).
    Rock over London... Rock on Chicago... I love what you do for me Toyota - Wesley Willis
  • Options
    I have "Bring it On", "Liquid Skin" and "Abandoned Shopping Trolley", but gave up on them after the next album (I forget the name). If you liked them live, you should look into the first two. "Abandonded Shopping Trolley" is a compilation of b-sides and outtakes (I believe).

i've heard really positive things about their new album. i'll have to check it out
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    yeah, they're awesome.
    "In our Gun" is my favorite album. Kinda lost me on the last one, Split the Difference. I am awaiting the new release still in the mail.

Miles end is one beautiful tune
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    treak22 wrote:
    I recently saw a live performance of a band named Gomez. Apparently they have a pretty decent following and a bunch of albums under their belt. They were actulally really friggin good and I can't stop listening to their new album "How We Operate" If you don't know them I highly recomend you give them a listen. Their website is:

http://www.gomeztheband.com

"how we operate" is by far my favorite track on the album...

I know they've been doing a lot of touring with Dave Matthews..

I have seen Gomez a few times...they are a fun live band.....sort of a jam band, but not in a crunchy way.
  • Options
    stepinsidestepinside Posts: 31
    In Our Gun is my very favorite album. I notice a trend where if you listened to them from the beginning, you probably don't like IOG. If you came in late like me, In Our Gun is a masterpiece.

They have been playing Miles End lately on the tour, I am about to see them in Omaha, San Diego, San Francisco and Portland.