Death-metal screaming

2»

Comments

• EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    what death metal bands have you listened to?
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Echoes wrote:
    what death metal bands have you listened to?

Now that I think about it, really I've only heard metal, unless bands like Lamb of God are death metal (which I assume aren't). Byproduct is one I actually liked a little (trying to ignore the growl). I honestly don't know the names of others I've heard.
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Lamb of God aren't really Death Metal from what I hear people say, but I've never listened to them personally. From the bands lumped in with them, I'd venture taht they aren't really death metal
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Echoes wrote:
    Lamb of God aren't really Death Metal from what I hear people say, but I've never listened to them personally. From the bands lumped in with them, I'd venture taht they aren't really death metal

I may be missing some good music if Death Metal is really different. But I have to get over the whole 'hate for growling' bit first which won't come easily. Though I did lighten up to Billy Corgan's voice pretty fast...
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    danny72688 wrote:
    Now that I think about it, really I've only heard metal, unless bands like Lamb of God are death metal (which I assume aren't). Byproduct is one I actually liked a little (trying to ignore the growl). I honestly don't know the names of others I've heard.

Hey, thanks for giving Byproduct a listen!!

and on a another note, Deliverance is also one of Opeths top albums (I dont know about the best, but pretty damn close) and not to mention the album that went along with that (kinda like the "other side" to Deliverance) called Damnation, which was more mellow acoustical songs, its not heavy, but dammit I love that album!!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    So somehow my blackwater park song (i bought the cd put it in my computer and put it on itunes and it has been messed up since day one... the cd plays fine though) is messed up on my itunes and won't play.

It is probably my favorite song on that album. Can anyone hook me up with just that song on You send it so i can put it on my itunes and listen to it in my car with my ipod?

I would appreciate it :)

Also I love Mastodon and High on Fire and i'm looking for bands with a similar style. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22