Is it weird to have musical taste bounce around every day or two?

DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
edited February 2008 in Other Music
I mean, I hear people say how they've been listening to a particular artist or album "non-stop for the past two weeks!" or something like that, and I wonder how they do it. I guess I just have a short attention span, but I don't get hooked on albums or artists for more than a day or two usually. I usually spend that day or two mostly listening to an artist more than usual, but that fades pretty quickly and I go on to other things, while still keeping it on a regular (although less heavy) rotation of my usual stuff.

Is anyone else like this? I think my moods change too often to really set my mind on a particular artist for more than a couple days. It's also probably a subconscious defense against getting bored of music.
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    no im kinda the same way. anytime i buy a new cd, i usually limit myself to one whole listen each day. i cant listen to the same album 3 times in one day. i like it when music gradually grows on me.

although i listen to PJ nearly everyday, and never get sick of it, i have been listening to some incubus,blind melon, radiohead, led zep, etc
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I'm currently on some
    kind of a gangsta rap mood lately.
    "Not many last in the game,
    Wu-tang come through breakin' out the same we came.

This is not an act, this is actual facts."
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    No I can listen to the one band/artist for weeks on end when at home.But on mp3 I usually have it on random for a bit of selection.
    From Christmas until end of January I was only listening to David Gray as got his greatest hits as a pressie.Chessy but the guys got a great voice.
    Then I moved onto Zeppelin,but only In Through The Out Door as I had rediscovered it.
    The last few days it has been The Black Crowes because there have been so many references and youtube links to them on the heavy rock blues thread on the pit.
    Jeez,its nearly March and I've only listened to three artists at home since the beginning of the year!
    But I say listen to what ever is going to do it at the time,minutes,days or weeks its all about listening to the music,regardless.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”